Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 171,964 Views
:laugh: I would almost make this a signature, if it wasn't for me having too many.
I'm curious why one would think I'm following anybody :hmm:
I've been around for a long time and been following world events from a young age. ...I don't think I "follow" anybody. My opinions are my own, as far as I can tell. I do appreciate people who seem to me have a reasonable grasp of reality. That's all. Doesn't mean I follow somebody.

But it's not the 1st time I've encountered this. :clueless: Do I look like some shlep that can only "follow" somebody?
Yeah, perhaps follow isn't the right word. I meant that you seem to blindly believe anything someone who shares a handful of opinions with you says, so it's more like following a string of bullshit than following via action.

Though I did always find it odd that you got the vaccine, given how much you wage war against the social implications of getting it on here. That seemed a bit follower-ish to me.

:clueless: seems like a totally nonsensical post.
I took the vaccine because I felt it was the preferable option for me at the time,
Is it so hard for you to understand the difference between making a decision for yourself, and forcing that decision on others. How dense do you have to be :fishhead:

As for your 1st point, again I'm dumbfounded by your assertion that I "blindly believe" anything. I believe things based on what I've learned in life, my perception of how things work, and a barrage of information I've been exposed to, and sought out on the given topic.
I have read (unlike you, I'd guess) many of the articles you have posted and typically found them lacking in any insight.

I don't get your line of reasoning. Sounds like little more than an ad-hominem attack. Maybe you just don't like that I'm making a mockery of the covid obsessed establishment following hacks, which you seem to identify with. But ultimately it seems that we're in agreement on the issues.

I apologize if I offended you or you felt attacked. I'm sure most of this shit is just misunderstanding tone and intention and whatnot, for both of us. We both seem to be misrepresenting eachother in every post, so we can just call for a truce and call it a day. Beating a dead horse at this point anyway.

Might be my turn to get the coronas

Extreme fatigue and sore throat

Playing MTG in bed

200 (8).gif

CdC quietly changing guidelines on spacing of shots to lower the chances of heart related adverse effects.

CdC quietly changing guidelines on spacing of shots to lower the chances of heart related adverse effects.
I see that. "Some people getting Pfizer or Moderna Covid vaccines should consider waiting up to eight weeks between the first and second doses, instead of the three or four weeks previously recommended, US health officials said."

COVID appears to be so new that we can all think about it but little for sure known, medical experts included.

Agree with Davey that getting the vaccine will drastically improve your odds of not dying from it. Though as I said previously believe people should have the freedom to decide if they should get it no matter how small the % of getting a serious side effect or the unknown down the road?

Did anyone really believe the vaccines were the cure all from the beginning? Think about it, Trump bragged about getting the vaccine out faster than ever in history. Though I listened to the medical people who all said it was impossible to do so in that short a period of time. While we got three different ones out but now see none were 100% fool proof.

Agree with Davey that getting the vaccine will drastically improve your odds of not dying from it. Though as I said previously believe people should have the freedom to decide if they should get it no matter how small the % of getting a serious side effect or the unknown down the road?
I could be wrong, but I believe GameLive is 100% in agreement on this? Don't believe anyone on here has shown any support for vaccine mandates.

I was in the minority here that felt mandates/measures PRE-vaccine were worthy of consideration given that it was a public health crisis. But since the vaccines have been readily available to all Americans who want them, I don't think there's been a shred of support for vaccine mandates here, so you can probably stop beating this drum, haha.

I could be wrong, but I believe GameLive is 100% in agreement on this? Don't believe anyone on here has shown any support for vaccine mandates.

I was in the minority here that felt mandates/measures PRE-vaccine were worthy of consideration given that it was a public health crisis. But since the vaccines have been readily available to all Americans who want them, I don't think there's been a shred of support for vaccine mandates here, so you can probably stop beating this drum, haha.
We can put that drum down but as far as why people don’t wanna take the ouchie from Fauci….I think the fact the CDC is changing timing of the shots to reduce the potential side effects proves what we have been saying. Fuck that vaccine that’s not a vaccine.

We can put that drum down but as far as why people don’t wanna take the ouchie from Fauci….I think the fact the CDC is changing timing of the shots to reduce the potential side effects proves what we have been saying. Fuck that vaccine that’s not a vaccine.
You see it as a conspiracy/coverup/whatever. I see it as science developing in real time. The CDC and media and everyone else involved is not infallible, 100% honest, or free of blame in any of this. But they are kind of in a no win situation; no matter how they present the facts or their new findings or whatever, skeptics will always tear them a new one.

You seem to be of the mindset that because they get some things wrong (while trying to figure it out in real time), they can't be trusted on anything. And that's fine. But again, I just implore you to hold that same standard to the skeptics. Because they get things wrong and make changes to what they originally said, too. So if it's an all-or-nothing deal where anyone who has ever lied or been wrong can't be trusted on anything, I think you'll find you've got no one left.

Honesty at my and MrsM age this all that concerns me ..... always liked this tune

see it as science developing in real time

so you're telling me that scientist didn't get it 100% right on the first try, I'm shocked davey

next you're gonna tell me there's neo nazis in ukraine that needed a war to take them out

:baby:

You see it as a conspiracy/coverup/whatever. I see it as science developing in real time. The CDC and media and everyone else involved is not infallible, 100% honest, or free of blame in any of this. But they are kind of in a no win situation; no matter how they present the facts or their new findings or whatever, skeptics will always tear them a new one.

You seem to be of the mindset that because they get some things wrong (while trying to figure it out in real time), they can't be trusted on anything. And that's fine. But again, I just implore you to hold that same standard to the skeptics. Because they get things wrong and make changes to what they originally said, too. So if it's an all-or-nothing deal where anyone who has ever lied or been wrong can't be trusted on anything, I think you'll find you've got no one left.

Dave the whole reason I am debating this with you goes back to your comments about being against mandates while having a lack of understanding about vaccine hesitancy.

I’m not taking drugs that are being figured out in real time. Everyone who took the shot volunteered to be a Guinea pig. I’m not gonna be one.