Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,334 Views
Honestly this may be the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public EVER. A massive power grab by federal, state and local governments the likes of which hasn't been seen since the great fascists of the 19th century.

People who were previously up in arms about the large grab perpetrated by the Patriot Act are now willingly submitting and openly advocating against the freedom of movement which made the USA the land of the free.

It's sad. I don't think we'll soon recover from this.
When you own all the media and all the "experts", and your subjects are a conformist public, who long ago lost any pride in independent thought, it's like shooting fish in a barrel

Dr. Birx of the Coronavirus Task Force said during the White House press conference on Tuesday that the global mortality rate (excluding Wuhan) was 0.7%

I hit rewind on my TV to make sure I heard it right.
Update (on the American end of things)

Per the Wall Street Journal piece I just posted, 1 in 600 Americans has died from C-19. That translates to a population fatality rate of about 0.15%.

Wish I could have bought funeral home, embalming fluid manufacturer, body bag stocks back in 2019

Next time there's a bad flu season we're going into lockdown. I don't think its impossible.

classic always look at the glass half empty headline

BF976DC1-3573-48F6-B1EB-CBC636714729.jpeg

The vaccine coverage is terrible. Every headline is about the 10% gap (where vaccine doesn't work), mutated strains, side effects, etc.

Sad.

The fact that we're still locked down in ANY capacity given that the only at risk groups have had adequate opportunity to receive a vaccine is awful. WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-131015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-131015_Chrome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 103
The fact that we're still locked down in ANY capacity given that the only at risk groups have had adequate opportunity to receive a vaccine is awful. WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR.
My mother is 64.5 and has had cancer twice in the last 3 years... and still isn't allowed to be vaccinated. On a state-by-state level there are still tons of people with pre-existing conditions that make them more vulnerable to the disease that haven't had the chance to be vaccinated.

Not going to argue about whether or not we should still have lockdowns or to what capacity, just have to adamantly disagree that all at-risk groups have had adequate chance to get the vaccine. There are plenty of folks under 65 still at risk and unvaccinated.

And also, there is more to it than just death rates. Yes, the majority of people only get flu like symptoms. But plenty who don't die still have other serious complications, require hospitalizations, etc.

Again, won't argue about lockdowns, maybe they are doing more harm than good. But this is still a major health crisis and will be until everyone has access to the vaccine, not just a handful of ages and industries.

Its all about lockdowns, always has been. The price paid was NEVER worth the benefit gained and my point is that even if it was it certainly isn't worth it now for the extremely marginal population still at any notable risk.

I don't know if there's anything that can be called lockdowns now. At least not anywhere I am. There are some bureaucratic protocols. But aside from large shows/events and the now ingrained mask culture, things are back to normal.

I don't know if there's anything that can be called lockdowns now. At least not anywhere I am. There are some bureaucratic protocols. But aside from large shows/events and the now ingrained mask culture, things are back to normal.
PfnJ.gif