Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 170,677 Views
problem is a lot of people who are most broke don't file. Because they have tax debt, or can't afford to pay what taxes they would owe.
It's really an awful system. They can't do a damn thing without running it through the fucking IRS. Same thing with Obamacare.

They should have started by offering people a salary to stay home. Then maybe all the hysterics about caring for peoples lives would sound sincere

The student loan scam I'm running is only getting better for 6mo.

MrX
Is that even possible anymore?

True that. I don't know how all this quality TV is being funded. Seems hard to believe that my monthly 14 Canadian dollorz are covering the costs.

problem is a lot of people who are most broke don't file. Because they have tax debt, or can't afford to pay what taxes they would owe.

Don’t forget the people who are raging criminals who fuck people out of possessions, savings or push opioids!

Don’t wanna leave anybody out of the discussion!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Meanwhile in Stockton...Did we mention San Joaquin County has more cases of COVID-19 than the entire Central Valley and Foothills COMBINED? 👀 <a href="https://t.co/S9zvzdYK0Z">pic.twitter.com/S9zvzdYK0Z</a></p>&mdash; 209 Times (@209TimesCA) <a href="">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

USA still 30K deaths behind 2019 seasonal flu deaths.

I know, I know.........mitigation, though.

USA still 30K deaths behind 2019 seasonal flu deaths.

I know, I know.........mitigation, though.

We're heading to six figures in 2020 USA coronavirus deaths, and that's WITH the precautions that have been taken.

Roughly .1% of people who get the flu die. Even by the most conservative estimates on death rate, this thing is killing 5-10x that. And spreads much faster and easier.

There is nothing to mitigate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Meanwhile in Stockton...Did we mention San Joaquin County has more cases of COVID-19 than the entire Central Valley and Foothills COMBINED? 👀 <a href="https://t.co/S9zvzdYK0Z">pic.twitter.com/S9zvzdYK0Z</a></p>&mdash; 209 Times (@209TimesCA) <a href="">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's like this in SWFLA also! Have to see what it's like today with the lockdown in effect in FLA! Scary!

We're heading to six figures in 2020 USA coronavirus deaths, and that's WITH the precautions that have been taken.

Roughly .1% of people who get the flu die. Even by the most conservative estimates on death rate, this thing is killing 5-10x that. And spreads much faster and easier.

There is nothing to mitigate.

Flu sends more people to the hospital in the US per capital per time measure, no matter how you slice it. Influenza might kill 50k in the US this year. You have a citation for the 100k+ dead USA covid figure? Sounds like one of those blustery opinions you rail so hard aghainst. Explain to us how you synthesized ALL the information in order to distill this fact. Flu (currently) takes a larger toll on our hospital system yet I've never heard anyone talk about flattening the curve. 500k in the hospital for flu annually. We might get there this covid season. Probably not but that due to (not in spite of) our efforts as you point out.

I think (i know?) the "answer", and all but reno will surely agree, is that we've been too complacent over the years with the flu. We can suck (or maybe we can be better) at managing the human health effects of the flu AND coronavirus. I know when I'm sick during the flu season I dont really change my behavior MUCH. I stop shaking hands, but I still go to the office, etc.

Heres a question for the folks here. I realize we're in early stages of coronavirus.

You can eradicate all coronaviruses forever (19, sars, mers, they're all the same), or you can eradicate all influenzas forever (spanish, seasonal, h1n1, h2b - or is that a visa?). Which you choose? Same question but going back through human history?

I prob pick I influenza for both.

I’ve never been 100% sure to have the Flu.

Did they swab you and diagnose you in the past?

Yeah me neither. Also prior to coronavirus when an adult said to me "I took my temperature and had a fever" I though they were fucking nuts. Before this I probably haven't taken my own temperature, EVER.

Flu sends more people to the hospital in the US per capital per time measure, no matter how you slice it. Influenza might kill 50k in the US this year. You have a citation for the 100k+ dead USA covid figure? Sounds like one of those blustery opinions you rail so hard aghainst. Explain to us how you synthesized ALL the information in order to distill this fact. Flu (currently) takes a larger toll on our hospital system yet I've never heard anyone talk about flattening the curve. 500k in the hospital for flu annually. We might get there this covid season. Probably not but that due to (not in spite of) our efforts as you point out.

White House task force projects 100K to 240K corona-related deaths: https://apnews.com/6ed70e9db88b80439a087fdad8238009

CDC projected over 200K: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487489-worst-case-coronavirus-models-show-massive-us-toll

HealthData.org projects 40K to 180K (with a virtually totally flat line starting in June which seems optimistic): https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

And common sense. Known cases and death rates are still growing exponentially. We've jumped from 2583 total on March 29 to 6070 total on April 2 (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/). All charts are still pointing straight up. Our quarantines, while better than nothing, are too little too late... and with no infrastructure in place to avoid people ignoring it OR people congregating in grocery stores for necessary supplies, why would this number randomly plummet?

Flu isn't in its infancy... those hospital cases are static. This disease, if it went unchecked like the flu, would blow these numbers away. Pointing out that I'm taller than baby LeBron doesn't mean shit for the trajectory the two of us are on.

I think (i know?) the "answer", and all but reno will surely agree, is that we've been too complacent over the years with the flu. We can suck (or maybe we can be better) at managing the human health effects of the flu AND coronavirus. I know when I'm sick during the flu season I dont really change my behavior MUCH. I stop shaking hands, but I still go to the office, etc.

Definitely not taken seriously enough. We just accept it as a part of life as we all get it pretty much annually. I agree with you here... the flu is deadly and we could be better about precautions against it. But it is still far less of a threat on modern-day life than the coronavirus is.

Heres a question for the folks here. I realize we're in early stages of coronavirus.

You can eradicate all coronaviruses forever (19, sars, mers, they're all the same), or you can eradicate all influenzas forever (spanish, seasonal, h1n1, h2b - or is that a visa?). Which you choose? Same question but going back through human history?

I prob pick I influenza for both.

I mean yeah, if we're going through human history, flu easily crushes coronavirus. It is far to early to tell what COVID-19's long-term effects on mankind will be, how well we'll be able to vaccinate against it, how our bodies will be able to adapt antibodies to it, etc. But again this question is irrelevant to the fact that the coronavirus RIGHT NOW is a far greater threat than the flu. No numbers or experts say otherwise.

Orange County has been on lockdown the last 10 days and I have kept myself in quarantine the last 17 days. I feel bad for people with kids. As a single man, my biggest inconvenience is what to binge watch on TV. I’ve convinced myself that this will be the situation for at least another 60 days.

Coronavirus is to flu as cv19 is to h1n1. People need to zoom out a little. The baby lebron analogy is snappy, but its completely inapplicable. Youre comparing yourself to a team with baby lebron, cant compare an individual to a team. Coronavirus is not in its infancy, this outbreak is. We know what coronavirus (collectively, sars, mers, others) is just as much as we knew what flu is, and know about as much about cv19 as we did at this stage in h1n1. Viewed in that light (the proper, not misconstrued para-frighten-apocalyptic light) im more scared of influenza, the adaptable and omnipotent, omnipresent human consuming virus. But as we said, I can be scared of both.