Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 173,258 Views
Live pic from my balcony. It's usually the tail end of rush hour at this time, with the inbound (right-to-left) lanes completely jammed.

Notice the faded Raptors logo on the turf. Still visible a year later.

View attachment 3114

plommer misses Tronna

CN-Tower-rest-skyline-Toronto-world-structure.jpg

did you get the one where they stick that swab way up there back under your eye?

tell us about it

did you get the one where they stick that swab way up there back under your eye?

tell us about it

yes

when you finally reach the point in the process for the swab, you drive up to a worker who is PPE’d from head to toe. It’s like being in a doomsday movie. It’s the first time you actually roll your window down. Before then, they just check your ID with the windows rolled up.

The health worker had me place the back of my head on my headrest (so I wouldn’t flinch backwards when the swab gets pushed back into my head).

At first it’s not too bad but then the swab goes further and further back. The health worker talks you through it, though.

So as your eyes start to water, he says to me, “just a few more seconds”.

The swab was all the way back (under my eye) for about 3-5 seconds. It felt like 8-10 seconds but it was likely 3-5.

Then he slowly pulled the swab out. My nose was uncomfortable for about 10 minutes afterwards.

Got my results back in 53 hours via a Quest Diagnostics app.

"There’s an old brain teaser that goes like this: You have a pond of a certain size, and upon that pond, a single lilypad. This particular species of lily pad reproduces once a day, so that on day two, you have two lily pads. On day three, you have four, and so on.

Now the teaser. “If it takes the lily pads 48 days to cover the pond completely, how long will it take for the pond to be covered halfway?”

The answer is 47 days. Moreover, at day 40, you’ll barely know the lily pads are there."

Fraction of lake filled after t days = (2^t) / (2^48)

yikes, I don't want that test

glad you are ok trafty

30 year old remnants from the Soviet health system still better than the imperialists and their lackeys. More ventilators and beds per capital, than US or Italy :belarus:

Got my COVID-19 test results back today.

Negative.

First off GREAT news! Just wondering did you have any symptoms to get tested? Or possibly you're previous area of work provided it? Just can't wait till so many people can get tested! Of course hoping a test comes out that isn't as painful as the one you got!

Yeah, I think I'd rather assume that I have it instead of getting stabbed through the nose.

I may change my tune once I run out of good TV to watch.

I dont want to get tested (for antibodies) and the subversive push to have those with antibodies granted greater societal "privileges" is akin to the gold star the nazis made the Jews wear (in inverse - those without a covid antibody star will be discriminated against). We'll have "antibody only" drinking fountains, elevators, etc. Very dangerous.

Bobbybobberballs! :sup:

France got fokkin hammered today, 1355 deaths
Screenshot_20200402_165443_com.android.chrome.jpg

I dont want to get tested (for antibodies) and the subversive push to have those with antibodies granted greater societal "privileges" is akin to the gold star the nazis made the Jews wear (in inverse - those without a covid antibody star will be discriminated against). We'll have "antibody only" drinking fountains, elevators, etc. Very dangerous.
:lol: you know, you're right. But somehow it still sounds better than what we have now.
I wonder at that point, if the do gooders will give up on their crusade, once they see they can't force all others to stay home.