Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 170,255 Views
Also I would rephrase Lukashenko's quote "better to die on your feet, than live on your knees" to better to die on your feet, than die on your knees.

No, I'm implying that the virus will stay with us for a long time no matter what. We're all in a massive impasse, and the best we can do is minimize damage while we're mostly powerless against the threat.

I'm not going to blame Trump for trying to go back to normal during summer. I will blame him eternally for being way too nonchalant in February and early March, after seeing what was unfolding in Europe. That's going to be his legacy.

He's scoring the best approval rating in his presidency. He'll probably win again. Americans are really really stupid.

His legacy might just be that he "got us through this"... conveniently leaving out the whole calling it a hoax into late February bit.

He's scoring the best approval rating in his presidency. He'll probably win again. Americans are really really stupid.
His legacy might just be that he "got us through this"... conveniently leaving out the whole calling it a hoax into late February bit.

Not all but appears some Americans are stupid! I'm hoping his legacy is getting our country back to self reliance! Both liberal and conservative politicians seem to have sold their soul to China over the last few decades!

Within the last year I have learned Biden for personal gain got his son paid by Ukraine through dad's strong arming while employed by the US of A!. Also that 80, 85, 90% ..... whatever the number of ingredients imported from China for our prescription drugs! VD, no fretting because I feel pretty stupid too!

Davey have you and the girlfriend talk about the possibility of she just simply quitting?

the shareholders of these hospital companies didn't care about stocking up emergency supplies operating just with the bare minimum to increase profits, the politicians are campaigning and playing the media, and now the avalanche of these contrarian for contrarian sake idiots who didn't heed the warnings is about to drop

it's just not worth it man, no job no career is, if I were in her shoes I would just quit, fok these special cookies that ain't scare or their freedom or whatever that think they are above the collective, if my society is as despicable as that I wouldn't sacrifice myself in the front line to save them

Davey have you and the girlfriend talk about the possibility of she just simply quitting?

the shareholders of these hospital companies didn't care about stocking up emergency supplies operating just with the bare minimum to increase profits, the politicians are campaigning and playing the media, and now the avalanche of these contrarian for contrarian sake idiots who didn't heed the warnings is about to drop

it's just not worth it man, no job no career is, if I were in her shoes I would just quit, fok these special cookies that ain't scare or their freedom or whatever that think they are above the collective, if my society is as despicable as that I wouldn't sacrifice myself in the front line to save them

Roguey, thanks for your concerns. Fortunately, my GF isn't actually on the "front lines"; she works at a children's hospital clinic that isn't equipped to treat COVID-19 patients. Most of the day she's doing phone triage, talking to parents about their options and helping them refill prescriptions, set up doctor appointments, etc. Their clinic has actually seen a significant dip in patients due to the fact that they are now offering telehealth appointments AND that parents aren't bringing in their kids for minor stuff because they want to avoid potential infection.

Certainly not a risk-free job as she's around other nurses, doctors, and patients every day that could come in contact with the disease, but her facility is not putting her in harm's way as many around the country/world are right now. I'm with you, I've got nothing but the utmost respect for those in the trenches but selfishly I'd want her taking a few months off in those circumstances too!

New move from the local bus drivers is opening only the back door at stops. Makes sense. You social distance as much as you can on the buses and subways, Good luck. You get mad at someone for sitting close to you then its like shit, wtf else are they supposed to do? Total ghost town, so damn spooky.

I try to make a laugh out of almost anything - you know that Tosh sense of humor - but the danger is just so real.

This just sucks.

I took transit for the first time in two weeks yesterday, on the hunt for toilet paper (which I finally found in a middle-eastern grocery store... they had a full aisle's worth, go figure) Streets were empty. Downtown Toronto streets are never empty.

First pic is one of the busiest sections of road in the entire country - Gardiner Expressway on-ramp at Spadina Avenue. Always bumper to bumper. You can jaywalk it all day every day right now.

IMG_20200331_114722.jpg

IMG_20200331_114118.jpg

IMG_20200331_114110.jpg

IMG_20200331_113138.jpg

tenor (7).gif

Last edited:
Holy fukking fuk.

That is ,,000% more empty than the dilly.

Last edited:

I shoulda added "...outside of the cult of personality that is Trump's fucked-up base"

Live pic from my balcony. It's usually the tail end of rush hour at this time, with the inbound (right-to-left) lanes completely jammed.

Notice the faded Raptors logo on the turf. Still visible a year later.

IMG_20200401_093247.jpg

"There’s an old brain teaser that goes like this: You have a pond of a certain size, and upon that pond, a single lilypad. This particular species of lily pad reproduces once a day, so that on day two, you have two lily pads. On day three, you have four, and so on.

Now the teaser. “If it takes the lily pads 48 days to cover the pond completely, how long will it take for the pond to be covered halfway?”

The answer is 47 days. Moreover, at day 40, you’ll barely know the lily pads are there."

VD, if you really want to feel stupid, watch the nation's highest rated liberal bias cable news show nightly! Here's one that I haven't heard any statement from her about being wrong? I guess if I watched her regularly I might believe too voting for Biden in November would be the correct choice!

Love her sigh before her response! Quite the buffoon actress! Without question NONSENSE!

Was very sad to hear that Joe Diffie died from Covid complications a couple days ago. During my country phase of the early 1990's, he was a favorite.

Odd to see those pics of Toronto streets. Out here in the burbs, there is less traffic for my commutes but the change isn't crazy.

There's like 70% the normal amount of traffic, I'd say.

Maybe you already had it and lost it :dunno: should check for antibodies. ...:thinking: Maybe they'll have special bars or events for people with antibodies