Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 170,741 Views
:dunno: maybe both, maybe neither

pretty sure they'd take me back

Toronto bans major public events through end of June

I think it’s pretty square to ban major sports events that are 90 days away

Does seem a bit premature. For Canada anyway.

blood bath in the mid west today

It's just really hard to imagine any semblance of normalcy anytime soon. Just crazy.

It's just really hard to imagine any semblance of normalcy anytime soon.

When I was looking at the model that Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were referencing in today’s White House briefing, semblance of normalcy looks like July 1, 2020.

When I was looking at the model that Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were referencing in today’s White House briefing, semblance of normalcy looks like July 1, 2020.

That's when I think Trump will insist on reopening the country and a second wave of infection will start.

We may have a few weeks of near-normalcy this summer, sure. I don't expect it to last.

Yeah, I guess SEMBLANCE of normalcy in summer is a possibility, especially if the virus does slow down during summer. Even if it doesn't, enough people congregate when they aren't supposed to during quarantine that I'm sure they'll be out and about when things reopen.

But things are still likely to get a lot worse, too. July is more of a best case scenario than a likely event, I think.

That's when I think Trump will insist on reopening the country and a second wave of infection will start.

We may have a few weeks of near-normalcy this summer, sure. I don't expect it to last.

It sounds like you’re implying that Trump should close the United States for 9 months to a year.

Is that what you’re implying?

No, I'm implying that the virus will stay with us for a long time no matter what. We're all in a massive impasse, and the best we can do is minimize damage while we're mostly powerless against the threat.

I'm not going to blame Trump for trying to go back to normal during summer. I will blame him eternally for being way too nonchalant in February and early March, after seeing what was unfolding in Europe. That's going to be his legacy.

Last edited:
742 dead today. Which is still behind the 792 projected in chart Daffy posted, which projected 81k dead in usa. If media and people are gonna freak out everyday, and extend shutdowns by months everyday there are more deaths (which was predicted from start btw), we'll be in great shape in no time :rolleyes:

No, I'm implying that the virus will stay with us for a long time no matter what. We're all in a massive impasse, and the best we can do is minimize damage while we're mostly powerless against the threat.

I'm not going to blame Trump for trying to go back to normal during summer. I will blame him eternally for being way too nonchalant in early March, after seeing what was unfolding in Europe. That's going to be his legacy.

He (and a large handful of governments) were unequivocally caught flat footed by this virus. Trump seems more culpable because he’s a HORRIBLE public speaker and he doubles down on his amateur assessments of science. But this could have easily happened to any prior administration.

Trumps downfall is he toots his own horn at every opportunity about how great he handled it (hint: he didn’t handle it great)

Add my name to the list of those who doubled down on amateur assessments. I underestimated this virus.

742 dead today. Which is still behind the 792 projected in chart Daffy posted, which projected 81k dead in usa. If media and people are gonna freak out everyday, and extend shutdowns by months everyday there are more deaths (which was predicted from start btw), we'll be in great shape in no time :rolleyes:

at what daily death count would you change your mind?

2000 a day?

5000 a day?

mind about what? That the elites are using crises to attain their goals and bury the people? :dunno: seems almost impossible after all I've learned in my lifetime.
You mean about closing shit down being wrong for the people? That would be when I see evidence that lockdowns are actually saving more people than they're burying. That would include actual meaningful evidence, not hysterics. And that would also take into account obviously, the people who are gonna go broke, get sick, end up in jail. Also account for people who will lose a significant part of their remaining time on earth being locked down. ...I'm not saying it isn't possible for me to change my mind, but it can likely happen only after the fact.

Daily death count doesn't directly effect that. Everybody expected them to go into the thousands from day one. I was hoping maybe stabilize around 500 US. But according to chart I've been following 3+k will be peak.