Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,430 Views
I got strapped in and they hooked my arm up to the contrast dye shooting machine to my IV.

excellent oversharing archie

ask them or your doc for the image/video cd so you can see your body with dye

I've been in an MRI machine twice, once around 2005 in Sao Paulo my fingers in one hand started trembling enough to notice, after about a week it didn't stop so I went to the doc and he sent me for a head MRI, nothing abnormal showed up and the shaking stopped after a few weeks

the other time was after a traffic accident in Madrid in 2001, that one was for back, chest and I think head, also came out good, they must have been old machines cause I don't remember any music or headphones just the technician speaking through an intercom

Data on FLA cases which didn't show up right! Will work on it! :yes:
Here's the site I wanted to reference for data on FLA cases!

Couldn't copy this table to read so doing it this way .....

Coronavirus: characteristics of 37,813 Florida resident cases
Data verified as of May 7, 2020 at 10 AM
Data in this report are provisional and subject to change

Age group - Cases - Deaths
0-4 years.. . 1%....... 0%
5-14 years . 1%....... 0%
15-24 yrs.. . 8%....... 0%
25-34 yrs.. . 15%..... 1%
35-44 yrs.. . 15%..... 2%
45-54 yrs.. . 18%..... 4%
55-64 yrs.. . 17%..... 10%
65-74 yrs.. . 12%..... 23%
75-84 yrs... . 8%...... 30%
85+ yrs...... . 5%....... 31%

Look at these numbers! People age 65+ accounted for only 25% of the total cases while that same age group accounted for 84% of deaths! No deaths are good but best case scenario of tragic results I believe exists here! Like Matty made his guesses, mine is when all said and done, most people that died from COVID probably also had some other kind of ailment or weaker immune system from age! And minor as that ailment (immune system) may have been, was enough combined with COVID to kill!

I look at these numbers and what jumps out at me is that the 15-65yo groups account for 73% of all cases. This is affecting everyone but young kids.

It bears repeating that we didn't go into lockdown because the virus kills. We went into lockdown because the bug is spreading fast, because it has no effective treatment and because our resources are finite.

Humans don’t live to be 140 years old.

The 15-65 year old grouping is a HUGH spread.

I look at that chart and I see “94% of the people that die are over 55+”

Sounds like people over 55 need to be sheltering in place.

I look at these numbers and what jumps out at me is that the 15-65yo groups account for 73% of all cases. This is affecting everyone but young kids.

It bears repeating that we didn't go into lockdown because the virus kills. We went into lockdown because the bug is spreading fast, because it has no effective treatment and because our resources are finite.
But if it's asymptomatic and spreading fast, that doesn't amount to much. A lot of cases may require no hospitalization. And I'm guessing we're at a point where new hospitalizations are outpaced by recoveries. So the concern of running short on work aged adults seems like shouldn't be a big concern

The 15-65 year old grouping is a HUGH spread.

That's my point though. I didn't realize the virus was spreading so evenly.

Florida is an interesting case. You'd think the virus would attack it just like it did NY cause it's also a global hub and a popular tourist destination, but it's sitting at just 40k cases. Some peeps are suggesting that it may have to do with higher vitamin D levels in the population. 🤷‍♂️

65% of the population is no more effected than the flu. They're not even taxing the system (look at hospitalization by age). Applying the shelter requirements evenly across the board, while proper to flatten the curve initially and while we learned what we were dealing with, is costing us serious money/economic burden as well as progress toward herd immunity.

Regardless of what some folks would have you believe I'm not ordering all people in this age group to go back. Im asking the same reasonable participation that we currently have, if you care for elderly parents, stay home. Just not feeling it? stay home. Choice is better than none. And currently we have none.

They're not even taxing the system (look at hospitalization by age).

That's a great point! Should have included that column also in my post! Age covering 55+ years old represents 72% of the hospitalizations!

Applying the shelter requirements evenly across the board, while proper to flatten the curve initially and while we learned what we were dealing with, is costing us serious money/economic burden

:greencheck:

The US has hit its worst unemployment rate since THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Time to let 55 and under get back to work and school. I’m not saying fill Wrigley Field seats with annoying Cubs fans tomorrow but common one time let’s get this train moving down the tracks.

That's my point though. I didn't realize the virus was spreading so evenly.

Florida is an interesting case. You'd think the virus would attack it just like it did NY cause it's also a global hub and a popular tourist destination, but it's sitting at just 40k cases. Some peeps are suggesting that it may have to do with higher vitamin D levels in the population. 🤷‍♂️

How can you compare the 2 states?

NYC is ultra congested. Subways. elevators. Everyone on top of each other.

How can you compare the 2 states?
I will try Blitty using NYC stats that at least show predominately the elderly are the ones dying! Compare the NYC charts below these specific age groups regarding FLA I posted earlier!
65-74 yrs.. . 12%..... 23%
75-84 yrs... . 8%...... 30%
85+ yrs...... . 5%....... 31%

People age 65+ accounted for only 25% of the total cases while that same age group accounted for 84% of deaths!

People age 65+ accounted for only 24% of the total cases while that same age group accounted for 73% of deaths!

Comparing them appears to show a remarkable resemblance! Blitty and Matty, you agree? :dunno:

I'm curious how Singapore and Qatar can have 20,000 confirmed cases and 20 deaths :clueless:

NYC is the best city in world.

OR

The worst if a highly contagious virus is introduced.

I went to a Cubs/Mets game at Wrigley, and a group of 5 White Sox fans showed up just to heckle the Cubs. They were smashed. They got thrown out for being loud/drunk/harassing/instigating/what have you, but I guess I'm saying all fan bases have these types. Also, had they been in the bleachers, and not in seats behind home plate, they probably wouldn't have been thrown out. At Wrigley we know about selective quarantine. We isolate those motherfuckers in the bleachers.

:greencheck:

The US has hit its worst unemployment rate since THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Time to let 55 and under get back to work and school. I’m not saying fill Wrigley Field seats with annoying Cubs fans tomorrow but common one time let’s get this train moving down the tracks.