Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,015 Comments
  • Views 175,508 Views
China completely obfuscated the scope of their infection rate, which made the rest of the world misjudge the threat. Fucking scumbags.

Id like to say I’m surprised but I’m not.

I'm not sure why it's anybody's business what China does per se. I'm concerned what the plan of this anti China push is. Like how they intend to "make China pay" or whatever? Big geopolitical game being played here. I feel like the right winged scum is pushing for a war, while the pseudo left, in preparation, is preparing the people for indefinite home burial. Honestly, somehow Trump seems to be resisting both. Not too successfully probably ultimately, but yeah :hmm:

So the right is pushing for war with China, which would at best completely decimate the economy beyond repair and at worst lead to global annihilation.

The left is pushing for "indefinite home burial" for... reasons (nevermind that so many millionaires and billionaires who should be the ones in power get crushed in this scenario).

And DONALD J TRUMP is the one smart and calculated guy holding it all together by resisting these two doomsday scenarios?

China completely obfuscated the scope of their infection rate, which made the rest of the world misjudge the threat. Fucking scumbags.

And THIS is why so many people, including POTUS, didn't take this shit more seriously from the beginning. The reported numbers made it look like "just another" SARS or Ebola or whatever. Without the scope of how fast this thing could spread and how deadly it could be, it wasn't obviously a threat until it was too late. No, that doesn't excuse countries who had late and/or sorry response times when the threat WAS obvious, but it sure as hell puts an awful lot of blame on China.

But since China v USA war would be global annihilation, all that will come of this for China is a very angry letter from the UN.

So the right is pushing for war with China, which would at best completely decimate the economy beyond repair and at worst lead to global annihilation.

The left is pushing for "indefinite home burial" for... reasons (nevermind that so many millionaires and billionaires who should be the ones in power get crushed in this scenario).

And DONALD J TRUMP is the one smart and calculated guy holding it all together by resisting these two doomsday scenarios?
Yeah, obviously I don't know who's planning what. It seems to me there's a calculated push for anti China sentiment. It doesn't feel to me natural, spontaneous, or accidental. It's the same type of bs rhetoric we heard against (you name it) country. Youd have to be born yesterday to not notice that. Maybe the US public is still that dense :dunno: .
What's odd to me is that the righty news people, who support Trump, keep trying to egg him on, to make some typical bellicose, racist, statement against China. But he wont take the bait. He insists on treating others with respect. Very un-American.

Perhaps he's afraid that messing with China verbally, is dangerous, because US is too reliant on Chinese products etc. And he knows unlunlike other defenseless country, China might not put up with our bs for long, and cut everything off. ...but the optics are fascinating.

My guess is, likely there's planned tensions with China. This might not lead to war, but problems with supply lines maybe etc... The public is being prepared to hunker down, due without, forget your freedom etc.. Virus, China, Russia, you name it. Likely gonna be one crisis after another :yes:

Last edited:
Perhaps he's afraid that messing with China is dangerous, because US is too reliant on Chinese products etc. And he knows unlunlike other defenseless country, China might not put up with our bs for long, and cut everything off. ...but the optics are fascinating.

My guess is, likely there's planned tensions with China. This might not lead to war, but problems with supply lines maybe etc... The public is being prepared to hunker down, due without, forget your freedom etc.. Virus, China, Russia, you name it. Likely gonna be one crisis after another :yes:

I think it has a hell of a lot more to do with this than it does "treating others with respect", which isn't exactly Trump's calling card.

I think it has a hell of a lot more to do with this than it does "treating others with respect", which isn't exactly Trump's calling card.
I know, that's why it looks so funny :laugh:
But actually he usually avoids the real nasty rhetoric against other countries. Granted, that's because it's likely a more effective strategy in his eyes, not because he's such a lovely guy.

Trump has back down some with his authority over states when to reopen! Previously stated he had final say over governors on when they would "open up"! Last night seem to say let the governors be more in control deciding! I like the strategy! Put the onus on them to make the decision!

Cuomo today now sounded different realizing economically NY could collapse if businesses don't open soon! Trump gave Cuomo more than was NEEDED ventilators, beds, also a medical ship sent to him in 10 days flat that didn't get filled! Now wants plenty of money too! Hey Cuomo, money comes in when businesses are open! As I already stated, the ball is in your court!

30720 new cases and 6185 new deaths in the United States

New York City
today has reported 3,778 additional deaths that have occurred since March 11 and have been classified as "probable," defined as follows: “decedent [...] had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent" [source]. We will add these to the New York State total as soon as it is determined whether the historical distribution can be obtained

that's weird. from the 14th. they're even counting those with no positive test apparently

its a puzzling thing

I think I heard one NY official say they had their own separate tally for those deaths.

but many of the reporters and websites are just combining them all.

Common sense tells that you: Yes. some people will and did indeed die in their own homes or on the street( homeless) because they wouldn't or couldn't go to the hospital for whatever reason. But you can't just assume all the deaths are covid.

But the way this is all going down. Does nothing but give doubters fuel to not believe ANYTHING

I figure they would attribute c19 as the cause wrongly to anybody that was positive, regardless if it actually caused death. But I didn't figure they would start attributing people with no test :dunno:
We'll get a good idea if we can compare total fatality figures for the month

I mean on the flip side there were probably plenty of deaths originally diagnosed as pneumonia or something else that were actually covid. Probably not going to make a major difference in scope or policy if the "official count" is off by a standard deviation or two.

1587163863351.png

Anyone believe possibly he's worried that a road trip by many people to Albany is in his future? No one seems to be heading to DC but state capitals are getting visited! :)

My guess is, likely there's planned tensions with

follow the money my friend, the scramble is a G-20 IMF with or without US, with or without China, US alone, or China alone

at the behest of the US +$650 billion of loan requests from around 100 poor and emerging countries have been denied the last few weeks, the figure calculated that these countries will need from the fallout of this pandemic is around $8 trillion dollars

this shit is too complex and each and every player is figuring what the fuck to do and how to angle this thing to win

What's the other ones and how you rate them? Publix only had this one and Longboard Lager! Trying that next!

I drank Hanalei fresh at the brewery in Kona.

Also I am a common Publix shopper now for the first time in my life.

I drank Hanalei fresh at the brewery in Kona. :up

Also I am a common Publix shopper now for the first time in my life.

B-O G-O Blittyyyyy! :cheers:

follow the money my friend, the scramble is a G-20 IMF with or without US, with or without China, US alone, or China alone

at the behest of the US +$650 billion of loan requests from around 100 poor and emerging countries have been denied the last few weeks, the figure calculated that these countries will need from the fallout of this pandemic is around $8 trillion dollars

this shit is too complex and each and every player is figuring what the fuck to do and how to angle this thing to win

Oh great! The International Monetary Fund? Don't tell me, out of the present 36 loan arrangements, we are the majority lender? And it says the total amount it can lend is 1 trillion!