Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,510 Views
My dad is 71. My mom is undergoing chemotherapy. Both could be in serious danger if they come in contact with this.

Sorry I missed this and sorry to hear Davey! And without question you are right about the danger! MrsM's best friend finished with chemo and was told to be extra careful! Prayers with you and family!

A thousand out of 7 billion is very few. But yes, at the billion dollar level, I bet you're not worried one bit about your financial fate.

You can prolly multiply that thousand many times over for their family etc.

interesting how that work, if accurate. All 8 linked to same locker room

Sorry I missed this and sorry to hear Davey! And without question you are right about the danger! MrsM's best friend finished with chemo and was told to be extra careful! Prayers with you and family!

Thanks for the kind words MrM! Glad to hear your friend is finished with it!

Your brain is a Stalinist dystopia.
You know, just for thought, the US can print trillions or whatever, and we're still kinda fucked here. What about the numerous countries that will get severely weakened? And, I don't believe the decision process to close is independent. But whatever. You don't think somebody's itching to realign things to their benefit? Wars are just a result of nutty politicians?

You don't think somebody's itching to realign things to their benefit? Wars are just a result of nutty politicians?

It's the Chinese who will come out ahead of this mess. If this is all deliberate, then it's the handiwork of CCP.

this what they've been setting us up for. Notice how he says this will be devastating, and if we open before vaccine a million can die :dunno:
Very serious somber tone. Very caring individual. We have no choice. It's science. He's a medical expert, and he cares about our people, except the tens of millions who will end up destitute, (or dead, or in a private prison once the riots start)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about China being the winner when this mess subsides. All signs point to them reopening too soon and creating a massive second wave of infection.

Japan had to backpedal just yesterday, they're in trouble again.

We Westernites are doing the right thing (IMO and all that)

Its time for the US to start getting their non partisan political opportunists to shut up and start thinking ahead for solutions. Get your bright minds working and cooperating.

get the testing capacities increased, continue to get PPE's flowing, get antibody testing pushed.

most importantly let's get Apps for people to use in the big cities to help us move about more as we come out from this in the coming weeks.

As China lifts its coronavirus lockdowns, authorities are using a color-coded health system to dictate where citizens can go. Here's how it works.
Sophia Ankel

22 hours ago
china tracking code health coronavirus green

A composite image of a smartphone screen showing a green pass, and a man scanning a QR code at a Wuhan subway station on April 1, 2020.

Ooooh, that changes things.

That color-coding thing does nothing against asymptomatic people though. Might give everyone a false sense of security.

And it's seriously Big Brother type shiz.

Still an interesting measure.

I wouldn't be so sure about China being the winner when this mess subsides. All signs point to them reopening too soon and creating a massive second wave of infection.

Winner is all about relative positions. Will the world try to wean off China in the future? Chinese offerings are already ahead of rest of the world(usually developing world) and now with the weakening economies, the gap vis-a-vis China will increase. Will China be punished economically? I do not think so it will happen in any substantial manner. Btw, where are you sourcing from?

Nevada just reported 22k new cases? Has to be a mistake.

Btw, where are you sourcing from?

Just speculating based on everything I've read, but also on a high school friend who's been living in China for the better part of the last 20 years, working in the videogame industry. Anytime the Chinese govt makes the news he reminds everyone not to trust a word of what is allowed to reach foreign media.