Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,579 Views
Market correction with six deaths in the US.

At the press conference, Lofy originally announced five total deaths in the area until Dr. Ettore Palazzo, the chief medical and quality officer at EvergreenHealth where several patients are being treated, announced a sixth death that state health officials didn’t know about.

“So six should be the correct number,” Lofy said. “We were, at the department, aware of the five deaths from King County. We had not received the report about the Snohomish County patient just yet ... Apologize for that.”

So the current scoreboard is

16,000 seasonal flu deaths in the United States

3,050 COVID-19 deaths worldwide?

Tron, they are two different markets. FFS, don't mix them. Enjoy your seasonal flu during your cruise.

Tron, they are two different markets. FFS, don't mix them. Enjoy your seasonal flu during your cruise.

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not an expert (or remotely close) on the flu. And I’m quite certain you’ve done more research than I have on this.

Maybe I’m dead wrong and many of us are going to die, but my inner voice is telling me that COVID-19 is this years Ebola/Bird Flu/Swine Flu/SARS and that the current FULL PANIC on television and social media is not needed (and destructive).

I agree with your basic premise. Ebola was way deadlier at 50% mortality rate. Full panic sells unfortunately. This is the age of outrage of all sorts, anyway. But, there is a very important difference. Ebola was essentially confined to a West Africa. You cut off international travel and trade there. It hardly matters. China is arguably as important as the US (maybe even more in some ways) for the world economy. There have not been lockdowns in China like this before. Hope it is all over soon.

corona1.png

Confirmed in my county. Leaving work now to stock up canned goods and bottled water.

Not if you order from this guy

LOL gotta tell my DoorDash drivers to start throwing my food from the car

The mayor of Miami cancelled Ultra Music Fest at the end of this month.

:endoftheworld:

The paranoia around this thing is ridiculous.

It does, however, serve as a reminder of how woefully unprepared we are for when "the big one" DOES hit. Mass hysteria and no infrastructure whatsoever to handle a glorified flu. Imagine what it will be like when a super deadly and dangerous outbreak actually does come along? RIP society.

Breaking News on TV right now:

First confirmed Corona in Downtown Nashville.

WTF can't catch a break in this town.

Just got an email that starting tomorrow, Royal Caribbean is denying boarding to anyone with a temperature over 100.4

Im heading out Saturday, boys!

LETS GOOOOO

Something weird going on with toilet paper. I was just at the store and noticed the toilet paper isle was mostly empty. And then I remembered that somebody told me earlier in the day that people were buying up everything from costco, especially toilet paper :endoftheworld:

... so I ended up getting two cans of spam :dunno: