Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,634 Views
Boys, can you get C-19 multiple times in the span of a year? Feeling extra lazy today and don’t want to do the “research” on the Google
In the span of a year, yes, but it's highly unlikely in the span of a month or two. Your antibodies should still be going strong.

But everyone is different and you seem to be one of the unlucky ones that maybe got delta instead of omicron given the severity of your symptoms, so maybe omicron is still on the table?

I'd wager on not re-infected though, hopefully just a lazy day that isn't tied to a disease. Good luck, hope ya feel better.

In the span of a year, yes, but it's highly unlikely in the span of a month or two. Your antibodies should still be going strong.

But everyone is different and you seem to be one of the unlucky ones that maybe got delta instead of omicron given the severity of your symptoms, so maybe omicron is still on the table?

I'd wager on not re-infected though, hopefully just a lazy day that isn't tied to a disease. Good luck, hope ya feel better.
I’m feeling fine I was just wondering. Thanks

Oooooh I thought you meant like you were feeling extra lazy ie low energy, not too lazy to search hahaha.

Yeah data is still imperfect obviously but you should be pretty well protected for 6-9 months.

From FLA COVID site ending 2/10/22. I'll do the math for you.

75% of the deaths were persons aged 65+. 93% of the deaths were persons 50+. Just .0074% were under the age of 30.

Though looking at total cases 65+ aged group represented only 13% of the total cases. The 93% group of deaths for 50+ accounted for 32% of the cases. Also unlike the .0074% death number being low for people 30 and under, those total cases amounted to 53%.

Just a matter of older people being in the wrong period of time on this planet.

View attachment 6901
does that mean that 6.9% of those over the age of 65 that officially tested positive for covid in florida, died from it?

seems high

does that mean that 6.9% of those over the age of 65 that officially tested positive for covid in florida, died from it?

seems high
That's what it means. Older people with underlying conditions + aging immune systems = higher probability of dying from COVID. Been that way in FLA from the onset as well I assume all over the US.

Look at my below post from 5/9/20 and the site below.
Here's the site I wanted to reference for data on FLA cases!

Look at these numbers! People age 65+ accounted for only 25% of the total cases while that same age group accounted for 84% of deaths! No deaths are good but best case scenario of tragic results I believe exists here! Like Matty made his guesses, mine is when all said and done, most people that died from COVID probably also had some other kind of ailment or weaker immune system from age! And minor as that ailment (immune system) may have been, was enough combined with COVID to kill!
I just took this pic from above site from 5/9/20 post. Do the math and higher 13.5% persons 65+ died from COVID. Almost double the 6.9%.

428969A8-368F-4DBA-902C-DCEC7E8DFB92.jpeg

From couple days ago post ...."75% of the deaths were persons aged 65+. Though looking at total cases 65+ aged group represented only 13% of the total cases."
And from 5/9/20 post .... "People age 65+ accounted for only 25% of the total cases while that same age group accounted for 84% of deaths!"

See any similarities in stats from almost two years apart?

^Most heavily vaccinated group is getting infected less and dying less. Good news!

^Most heavily vaccinated group is getting infected less and dying less. Good news!
And more good news is that predominately older people closer to death died. So why all the fuss with people choosing not to get vaccinated? The vaccinated as clearly your earlier post showed have no fear of an impending death

And more good news is that predominately older people closer to death died. So why all the fuss with people choosing not to get vaccinated? The vaccinated as clearly your earlier post showed have no fear of an impending death
...because someone being over 50 (or over 65) shouldn't make them disposable? Because the spread + serious cases + deaths would all be drastically reduced?

I mean I've never been in favor of the mandates and shit, I'm with you, now that those who want to be vaccinated are, live and let live.

But it's still odd to me that it's been a year now people have been getting vaccinated, it's clearly working (statistically) and odds of serious side effects from vaccine are even more miniscule than odds of side effects/deaths related to COVID (again statistically)...

...so why all the fuss about getting vaccinated?

Isn't the point of all the stats you are posting that COVID is no big deal for people under 65?

Statistically speaking the vaccine is even far less of a big deal. If your big healthy under 65 immune system can handle COVID, why can't it handle the vaccine?

And make it like 6x or whatever x less likely that you catch it, spread it to others, etc?

No "fuss", I just don't really get it.

...because someone being over 50 (or over 65) shouldn't make them disposable? Because the spread + serious cases + deaths would all be drastically reduced
First off you're exactly right but tell that to the families of the 9 people (mostly women) who died from blood clot complications after getting the J&J vaccine. They didn't even get a chance to die from COVID assuming they would have anyway? You do know the CDC recommended in 12/21 preferably getting the other two over J&J. LOL "recommended'.

Not much play about that in the left dominated media. Shouldn't they maybe have shut it down completely? Couldn't do that, might scare the poor 17 million plus who already got the J&J or/+ stop Biden and the left from continually demanding everyone MUST get vaccinated. WTH, 9 more people possibly dying only brings the disposable count to 18.

...so why all the fuss about getting vaccinated?
And as miniscule the stats show it is maybe because people should have the FREEDOM to decide whether or not to get vaccinated. And again why should people safely vaccinated from any chance of death be so preoccupied on all 300M+ Americans getting vaccinated? Aren't we at the herd immunity number that Dr Fauci previously told us would make us all safe? Why not outlaw all persons being able to smoke 1+ packs a day? We know it will eventually down the road give those persons a greater chance of an earlier death than non-smokers.

AND WHO KNOWS FOR SURE THAT THERE WON'T BE ANY LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS LEADING TO EARLIER DEATH FROM GETTING VACCINATED or/+ BOOSTERED? No scientific person can give us that guaranteed assurance presently.

No doubt it's sadly blossomed into a LEFT vs RIGHT battle but it's one that the left started. I like how the CDC also stopped the monoclonal treatment being used though it sure helped guina pig Trump get better and was quite successfully used by DeSantis in FLA. The media need not let that success story continue.

Davey, nice discussing this with you but we just at a agree/disagree point! Stay safe!:hattip:

First off you're exactly right but tell that to the families of the 9 people (mostly women) who died from blood clot complications after getting the J&J vaccine. They didn't even get a chance to die from COVID assuming they would have anyway? You do know the CDC recommended in 12/21 preferably getting the other two over J&J. LOL "recommended'.

Not much play about that in the left dominated media. Shouldn't they maybe have shut it down completely? Couldn't do that, might scare the poor 17 million plus who already got the J&J or/+ stop Biden and the left from continually demanding everyone MUST get vaccinated. WTH, 9 more people possibly dying only brings the disposable count to 18.

And as miniscule the stats show it is maybe because people should have the FREEDOM to decide whether or not to get vaccinated. And again why should people safely vaccinated from any chance of death be so preoccupied on all 300M+ Americans getting vaccinated? Aren't we at the herd immunity number that Dr Fauci previously told us would make us all safe? Why not outlaw all persons being able to smoke 1+ packs a day? We know it will eventually down the road give those persons a greater chance of an earlier death than non-smokers.

AND WHO KNOWS FOR SURE THAT THERE WON'T BE ANY LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS LEADING TO EARLIER DEATH FROM GETTING VACCINATED or/+ BOOSTERED? No scientific person can give us that guaranteed assurance presently.

No doubt it's sadly blossomed into a LEFT vs RIGHT battle but it's one that the left started. I like how the CDC also stopped the monoclonal treatment being used though it sure helped guina pig Trump get better and was quite successfully used by DeSantis in FLA. The media need not let that success story continue.

Davey, nice discussing this with you but we just at a agree/disagree point! Stay safe!:hattip:
First of all, again, I agree that mandates are unnecessary and that you should have freedom to make your own decision. You make a great point on smoking. Alcohol, junk food, lots of stuff kills us and lots of things COULD be outlawed or required that aren't. So we don't have to agree to disagree on that. We just agree.

So let's put all of that aside, because we are on the same page. Its way too political. The media has it's own agenda. People should be able to choose for themselves. Democrats act like know it all superior pricks. Signed sealed delivered.

Now instead of getting mired in all of that stuff or just "agreeing to disagree", let's talk about why you think getting vaccinated is a bad idea, if you don't mind. If you said STATS ARE ALL A LIE ITS A CONSPIRACY or I DON'T LIKE NEEDLES, fine. But you seem to be a reasonable, intelligent dude. And you are citing stats from reputable sources, believing in their legitimacy. So with that in mind...

1. Those nine families that lost loved ones due to vaccine complications, each of these cases is legitimately devastating. I'm crushed that these families lost loved ones needlessly, as you are right to be. But along the same lines, shouldn't we be equally devastated for the ~60,000 deaths to Americans under 50 and the ~165k deaths in the 50-64 range?

Let's drastically round down and say only 20k of those under 50 and 55k of those 50-64 deaths have come since Jan 1. No matter how you look at the numbers, even if we assume vaccine-related deaths and issues are grossly under-reported and covid-related deaths are grossly over-reported, it's STILL significantly riskier not to get the vaccine than to get it in regards to risk of complications and deaths. It's not particularly close.

It seems to me that because you've decided you don't want the vaccine, you pay much closer attention to stories about vaccination issues than you do for the far more common COVID-19 issues. All reputable statistics point to a far different reality.

2. You mentioned concerns about long-term side effects and issues. These are reasonable concerns; like you said, who knows for sure?

But we do know that current vaccine technology has been around without issues for decades. And again, I feel you are being a bit selective in your focus here. Post-COVID symptoms and "Long COVID" (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html) are both things we are still learning a lot about.

It's fair to be concerned about potential long-term effects of the vaccine, but shouldn't you also be just as concerned about potential long-term effects from COVID?

3. The vaccine reduces risk of infection and SEVERELY reduces risk of hospitalization and death across all ages. This is pure, documented, undisputed fact. I think you'd agree with this based on your being a reasonable person who believes stats.

So again, do you deserve the right to choose not to get the vaccine? Definitely. I'm more interested in why you are so passionate about exercising that right when:

- The vaccine is far less risky than COVID by any measure you choose.
- Long term is a wash, as we don't know what to expect from either (though we have data in favor of vaccine being safe)
- In addition to protecting yourself, you protect your loved ones (and people on general)

You don't owe me an explanation obviously. I'm just wondering if there's science or logic behind your decision when you remove the politics and emotion from it.

First of all, again, I agree that mandates are unnecessary and that you should have freedom to make your own decision. You make a great point on smoking. Alcohol, junk food, lots of stuff kills us and lots of things COULD be outlawed or required that aren't. So we don't have to agree to disagree on that. We just agree.
I wouldn't put it past these pricks to find more things to fuck us with.
If it's ok to force seatbelts, it's ok to force medicine. That's already the argument I hear.
If it's ok to force medicine, it's ok to force certain food, activities, you name it.
How long till you need a good record or pee in a cup, to be able to buy groceries?
Don't give them any ideas. Somebody will find a way to profit from it

Fuck people that don’t want to be “forced” to wear a seat belt. Why should my car insurance be double or triple what it should be because some simpleton can’t wear a seat belt when they get in a car for 12 minutes?

You don’t wanna wear a seat belt? Cool. Then pay the $82 dollars or whatever when you get cited for not wearing one.

BING BONG

Exactly! Why should I be forced to drive in traffic with these goobers in their giant, dangerous for others, pick up trucks?
Or these guys with their dogs or food or phones, distracting and unsafe :nono:
And how can we allow motorcycles? If they can't find a way to put a seatbelt on it, NOT SAFE :nope: