Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,370 Views
It's a slight inconvenience. I try to rid myself of slight inconveniences all the time. It's not that complicated. I'll be inconvenienced if people (like a store owner or people around me) feel strongly about something though. NBD.

@Matty you don't PREFER wearing a mask do you?

@Boner_18 In stores? Yes. I'm not saying I'll always wear a mask in public but I can see myself at least wearing it at the grocery store, or places like the DMV and shit. Any crowded indoor space where I'm expecting to spend a lot of time.

I keep the glove box stocked with ULine's surgical masks. Thank you Muddy.

I guess y'alls are talking about bars and restaurants which are not even an option here yet. I don't know that masks are of any use when you have to remove it to eat or drink.

Right. You prefer a mask only because some perceived benefit it provides vis a vis covid/illness. You don't prefer wearing a mask in 2019 (or as you said even in public here in 2021). Covid is cured in the US of A, so people want to shed the inconvenience. It's not hard. I can't get or spread covid, why should I suffer a completely useless inconvenience.

How many cases have you guys heard of people contracting the virus twice? Going to the Dominican Republic in July and I might be forced to get the vaccine. I'm starting to believe that the vaccine is not necessary except in that I might be required to travel. As far as the mask, I can't stand wearing it and will only wear it when I have to.

Yeah, I was pretty convinced that getting it twice is not an issue from day one. I still don't believe there can be benefit from a vaccine for those that previously been infected.
I do kinda like less crowds. I wish motherfuckers would stop crowding me. I'm almost tempted to wear a mask now. :grin:

Going to the Dominican Republic in July and I might be forced to get the vaccine.

Not a requirement for going there, I know some people that went on Oct/Nov and it was okay to travel. Unless something changed lately.

You lol but the 7 day positive total for the entire state of NY (population 19.45M) is 10,410. Even if you assume a 100% increase for individuals who don't test thats 20k, .1% of the population. In my country yesterday there were 30 people positive. 30 in my whole county of 1M people. Sorry that Canada is still rancid with Covid.. its over here.

Boner are you REALLY a lawyer pal?

Trolling?

cor.png

I don't understand why Americans make such a big deal out of wearing or not wearing a mask. I have no plans to stop wearing one when going shopping. Not getting colds is awesome.
I'm right there with you. Def plan on continuing to use in crowds, especially indoors.

But, now that virtually everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been, don't think we need the mandate anymore. Let the folks who want to keep spreading it amongst themselves and creating new strains go nuts.

I'm right there with you. Def plan on continuing to use in crowds, especially indoors.

But, now that virtually everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been, don't think we need the mandate anymore. Let the folks who want to keep spreading it amongst themselves and creating new strains go nuts.
Do you think those that have had it are more or less likely to spread it than those that are vaccinated? Do you think that those that are vaccinated should have more rights than those that are not vaccinated?

Rights? Why does the discussion always end up there?

What rights are you talking about specifically? Free speech? Freedom of movement?

You have all your rights, I think you mean inconveniences. Yes this shit show is full of inconveniences but it won't be long before things begin to return to normal.

Not directing my comment at you specifically McBALLZ but the Covid is a health issue and not a political one. Doctors, scientists, nurses are the ones providing the information and opinions used to make decisions and not politicians.

I think people that whine/cry about having to wear a mask in certain situations are weak. Tough it out people. JFC.

Can it be proven that a vaccination is > than those that have been infected? Can it be proven that a mask is > than not wearing a mask? Can it be proven that 6' separation is a mitigation factor? There are vaccinated only sections at sports arenas. There are travel advantages for those that have vaccination cards. Those are the two main things that I am referring to.

Again, I think that those are at risk should wear a mask and get vaccinated. Those that aren't at risk should not be obligated to do so. My family and I have never gotten a flu shot. I want my mom to get a flu shot just as I wanted her to get the covid vaccine.

Rights? Why does the discussion always end up there?

What rights are you talking about specifically? Free speech? Freedom of movement?

You have all your rights, I think you mean inconveniences. Yes this shit show is full of inconveniences but it won't be long before things begin to return to normal.

Not directing my comment at you specifically McBALLZ but the Covid is a health issue and not a political one. Doctors, scientists, nurses are the ones providing the information and opinions used to make decisions and not politicians.

I think people that whine/cry about having to wear a mask in certain situations are weak. Tough it out people. JFC.
I have no idea what your issue here is :clueless: .
The ability to make a living, the ability to socialize with others are very basic rights. Perhaps they are not debated like abortion or guns, but that's because everyone concedes that those are very basic.
Perhaps you don't appreciate that people, other people, intend to use their rights, but that's a different issue.

On commuter train into city for the first time in over a 15 months (slightly less than the last time I had a haircut).

Everyone wearing a mask. Fucking pawns.