• Replies 453 Comments
  • Views 25,182 Views
criminals are criminals

there will always be criminals

there will always be terror

there will always be a massacre

the only deterrent comes from within

Agree with this. And.

It's really pissing me off that the mainstream media isn't working the drug angle more than it is.

Vast majority of mentally-ill people do not go out and hurt others. For someone like Adam Lanza, the Columbine shooters, etc. to suddenly go on a murderous rampage is extremely suspect.

Guns are a mere tool. The motivation is coming from somewhere else.

the ban is easy

it is easy for people to latch on to

give them one thing to blame

makes it easier for the masses

people feed on that

that is why the media is so focused on the assault ban

people need to think more - unplug and really think things through

instead of being told something

This guy is really good. Good workout too:

Agree with this. And.

It's really pissing me off that the mainstream media isn't working the drug angle more than it is.

Vast majority of mentally-ill people do not go out and hurt others. For someone like Adam Lanza, the Columbine shooters, etc. to suddenly go on a murderous rampage is extremely suspect.

Guns are a mere tool. The motivation is coming from somewhere else.

the ban is easy

it is easy for people to latch on to

give them one thing to blame

makes it easier for the masses

people feed on that

that is why the media is so focused on the assault ban

people need to think more - unplug and really think things through

instead of being told something

I beleve that every case is slightly different and that people overreact and are quick to attempt to apply a broad, simple-minded solution to an extremely complex problem.

:handshake:

There was an episode of Dr. Drew on a few days after the shooting. I will admittedly never watch his show but it was rather intriguing as it highlighted many of the roadblocks in place for treating people with mental illnesses. The woman who wrote the blog titled "I am Adam Lanza's Mother" was on the show along with many callers discussing how they could not get the proper care from both hospitals and schools for their children. There is a certain stigma in our society for the mentally ill. It is not on par with being physically ill as it should be. Care in hospitals is not given until a violent event occurs. Nothing is preventative. It's these things that we should be concentrating on rather than the tools used to carry out the acts. We can keep reactively banning things or we can address the actual causes. But nothing really changes until we are proactive. These types of acts will be carried out no matter what we ban until we are proactive.

know nothing about it, and I doubt much can be done at this point that will prevent further mass shootings. There are just too many options and opportunities for someone who wants to do this.

But gunning as sport(?) I guess it's the same way golf is a sport :dunno:

I seriously doubt the shooter in CT was mentally ill. Are there any reports that he was denied care at a hospital because he was mentally ill? I am willing to accept he was on some drug(s) that had side effects like Matty is saying. But I seriously doubt he was schizophrenic.

I seriously doubt the shooter in CT was mentally ill. Are there any reports that he was denied care at a hospital because he was mentally ill? I am willing to accept he was on some drug(s) that had side effects like Matty is saying. But I seriously doubt he was schizophrenic.

You think schizophrenia is the only mental illness? :facepalm:

Saulty a depressive person is considered mentally ill.

There are reports that his mother was seeking to have him committed to a psychiatric facility just prior to the shooting spree.