Connecticut school shooting

• Start date
  • Replies 453 Comments
  • Views 25,192 Views
Saulty a depressive person is considered mentally ill.

My neighbor's kid has ADHD and he is on medication. 8 years old. I can see him being a danger to others if he was not on medication and has easy access to weapons.

1. What animals are on the hunted list?

Bears? I would guess a bolt action rifle with a bigger caliber would be the weapon of choice for hunting than a .223 caliber military style rifle. If you shoot a bear with a .223 bullet you won't kill her but rather wound her.

My neighbor's kid has ADHD and he is on medication. 8 years old. I can see him being a danger to others if he was not on medication and has easy access to weapons.

These meds are misunderstood, is the point I'm trying to make. Psychiatric meds are not like Tylenol. The shit rewires your brain over time.

ADHD meds are typically amphetamines. The fact that kids are prescribed speed blows my fokken mind.

They "rewire" your brain? SSRIs are to help the chemicals and receptors in the brain that are not functioning correctly to start with. I guess that, technically, you are correct.

Those were my doctor's exact words. In French.

If you shoot a bear with a .223 bullet you won't kill her but rather wound her.

So you're saying if I shoot a bear between the eyes with a Bushmaster A1 M4 Carbine .223 caliber assault rifle it's just a Band Aid type boo-boo?

So you're saying if I shoot a bear between the eyes with a Bushmaster A1 M4 Carbine .223 caliber assault rifle it's just a Band Aid type boo-boo?

Why would you shoot her between the eyes? The trophy is the head. You should aim for the heart if you are a hunter that doesn't want the animal to suffer.

Last edited:
The trophy is the head.

I was unaware of the context. It's an animal, the trophy for me would be knowing I wasn't that big fat ugly bear's next tube of Pringles.

For a hunter, I take your point.

Since when do people hunt bears?

Anyway, if you want to hunt, get a fucking bow and arrow. Anyone that needs an assault weapon to kill a deer shouldn't be allowed near any type of fire arm.

Well if you are attacked by a bear and you happen to have a Bushmaster rifle handy I suppose you can shoot her wherever you want. At that instance you got to use what you have.

Since when do people hunt bears?

Anyway, if you want to hunt, get a fucking bow and arrow. Anyone that needs an assault weapon to kill a deer shouldn't be allowed near any type of fire arm.

Have you ever bow hunted, D?

Do you know how many deer walk around with holes in them from arrows only to die a few days later? Or just live with a severe injury?

Not for animals. I only shoot weapons at targets.

Well if you are attacked by a bear and you happen to have a Bushmaster rifle handy I suppose you can shoot her wherever you want. At that instance you got to use what you have.

Last time I saw a bear I stood still and tall and it ran away.

Last time I saw a bear I stood still and tall and it ran away.

That's because you didn't have a gun with you.

Not for animals. I only shoot weapons at targets.

I don't really hunt much anymore, but I've seen quite a few wounded deer running around the woods before. Hunters don't always get off clean shots and sometimes can't track them. It's preferrable to drop the deer immediately.

I don't understand the assault on "assault" rifles. Functionally, they are no different than semi-automatic hunting rifles. Would it make people feel better if people who go on shooting sprees use handguns instead? In fact, there would be very little difference in the amount of rounds one could fire with multiple holstered handguns. It's not like they're long range shots. And in most cases, the victims are cornered anyway.