Connecticut school shooting

• Start date
  • Replies 453 Comments
  • Views 24,989 Views
I posted this in another thread; The players are the victim and trust SBR to steer them away from dangerous books. We failed miserably. In hindsight the warning signs were even right in front of us.

SBR dropped the ball and I'm extremely unhappy with those employed and trusted to manage this area of the company. BI was our smallest forum sponsor and never should have been allowed to be in a position to damage our reputation. We don't need these books and I don't want them. SBR was greedy and turned a blind eye to the reckless bookmaking policies and instead over valued their CS. I'm as equally at fault if not moreso for not asking questions until last Sunday.

:sbrjohn:

He is most at fault for demanding that books pay him affiliate $ on losers and winners. That is like every book pretending to be pinnacle. Except pin doesn't allow that either. Affiliates have to chose a cut of loses or % of volume beforehand. And either way pin isn't paying anywhere near the %'s I always here that sbr gets.

Back with BetPhoenix John was getting a huge cut of loses. But since they also fail at bookmaking a few players ran up 6 figure positives. John insisted that BP remove those players from his sheet. They said no, so they were dropped to C-. Apparently he learned his lesson this time and managed to get paid on the +6 figure accounts as well. Pretty good scam.

The "artist" put it on upside down.

If I wasn't already banned I would have been banned this week. I would though have been banned for something I actually said rather than something I implied.

Saw these 3 in article to help curb gun violence .......

The actions being talked about are not new:

Fresh attempts to ban assault weapons.
Changes to the mental health system to help identify and prevent those with violent inclinations from acting.
Further attempts to beef up school security.

I would say do all 3 if I had to vote! I'm no gun advocate by any means but can't see banning all kinds of guns! For the few percentage of people who commit these crimes the vast majority of responsible gun owners shouldn't be penalized!

I mean if we do that than just bring back Prohibition too! We see that didn't last long! And look how many more people are killed in alcohol related deaths than by guns! So don't let anyone drink? No way, have tougher DUI laws which I think has been put into place to lessen the amount of fatalities!

Bring back the draft. And make it mandatory for everyone regardless of mental of physical state. There are no mass murderers in Israel. Most young kids these days have no idea of the value of human life.

Saw these 3 in article to help curb gun violence .......

The actions being talked about are not new:

Fresh attempts to ban assault weapons.
Changes to the mental health system to help identify and prevent those with violent inclinations from acting.
Further attempts to beef up school security.

I would say do all 3 if I had to vote! I'm no gun advocate by any means but can't see banning all kinds of guns! For the few percentage of people who commit these crimes the vast majority of responsible gun owners shouldn't be penalized!

I mean if we do that than just bring back Prohibition too! We see that didn't last long! And look how many more people are killed in alcohol related deaths than by guns! So don't let anyone drink? No way, have tougher DUI laws which I think has been put into place to lessen the amount of fatalities!

What if our citizens could be more respsible for their actions so we didn't have to keep increasing government programs and taxes? You know the government is run by people just like you...

On a side note if you wanna take away my gun rights then I don't want any local law enforcment to carry one either. Fuck logic right choo?

Keep increasing taxes? Taxes have been on a continual decline in the usa for decades. Tax revenue is now at its smallest % of gdp ever.

Keep increasing taxes? Taxes have been on a continual decline in the usa for decades. Tax revenue is now at its smallest % of gdp ever.
that's because GDP is more dependent on deficit spending than ever.

What if our citizens could be more respsible for their actions so we didn't have to keep increasing government programs and taxes?

I see what you're saying, but banning assault weapons shouldn't cost tax dollars, school security cost burdens the parents in that districts that want it (easier for the wealthy but isn't it that way in all aspects of life) and possibly gov money used to weed out the crazies but it appears a normal mother was partly responsible for her son taking his illness to a tragic level!

I see what you're saying, but banning assault weapons shouldn't cost tax dollars, school security cost burdens the parents in that districts that want it (easier for the wealthy but isn't it that way in all aspects of life) and possibly gov money used to weed out the crazies but it appears a normal mother was partly responsible for her son taking his illness to a tragic level!

Not sure if she was a normal mother. How many mothers do you know that own military style weapons and take their juvenile kids to the range regularly for practice shooting?

The NRA announced today they recommend armed officers at school. They must have read GL forum.

Bring back the draft. And make it mandatory for everyone regardless of mental of physical state. There are no mass murderers in Israel. Most young kids these days have no idea of the value of human life.

How would that help when they're proposing cuts in the number of military?

How would that help when they're proposing cuts in the number of military?

Basic training is not expensive. We have plenty of hills in the US. The recruits can even bring their own weapons and ammo if money is tight. I read somewhere that for every 1 person in the US there are .9 weapons. That means there are 280,000,000 weapons available to private citizens. The combined military of the European Union does not even possess that many weapons let alone private citizens.