common Jean-Louis

• Start date
  • Replies 2,225 Comments
  • Views 149,493 Views
Cami, JL had a big nightmare last night. First such occurrence. He woke up with a blood-curdling scream around 3am, and then he kept pointing at the bed while screaming so loud that E and I got spooked, with goosebumps and all. Took him a good 30 minutes to settle down and another 30 to go back to sleep.

I asked him about it before he left for daycare this morning.

Me - What did you dream about last night?
JL - Lobster.
Me - A lobster?
JL - Yah. The lobster wanted to eat Jean-Louis.

Aw, poor thing.

crab4.gif

Matty your son had a night terror. My youngest has these episodes a couple nights every 1.5 months or so. It's freaky. Kids don't remember a thing the next morning. I can go on and on about it, but I won't bore the fine GL folks about it.

JL is off to a UofT study to determine how racist he is.

Me - Tantt Jean-Louis [Later JL!] Don't be racist okay?
JL - Okay, tantt Papa!

Update - he refused to answer the questions. Smart boy.

Matty your son had a night terror. My youngest has these episodes a couple nights every 1.5 months or so. It's freaky. Kids don't remember a thing the next morning. I can go on and on about it, but I won't bore the fine GL folks about it.

He was awake though, made eye contact and all. I talked to him through the whole thing. My mom says my twin bro had them as a kid but he was clearly still sleeping. He would look right through her.

"The study involves one session with you and your child that will last approximately 45 minutes. We will ask you to finish some computerized tasks and fill out some questionnaires about your childs experience with people of different ethnicities. While you are completing that, your child will work with a research assistant and play several games that help us to measure your childs social attitudes and ability to categorize or recognize different faces. You and your child will be compensated for your time and effort."

:dunno:

My son has three science degrees already.

He was awake though, made eye contact and all. I talked to him through the whole thing. My mom says my twin bro had them as a kid but he was clearly still sleeping. He would look right through her.

My son's eyes are wide open and he is often sitting up yelling and talking gibberisg. Sometimes he can answer us but he has no idea who we are, where is is, etc. he is completely out of it. Similar to sleepwalking, but he often stays in his bed, sometimes he does stumble around his room and that is a concerns because he could come out if his room and fall down the astairs. Only once did he walk down the stairs, but he was completely out of it. He started having terrors at age 4 and my wife and I were very muck freaked out by it all. Hopefully he grows out of them soon, but we've been told they can continue up until he is a teenager, but most kids do grow out of them.

Fokkin scary. Never been spooked like that before.

I set a door alarm at night in case JL ever starts sleepwalking. I'm a little paranoid.

Fokkin scary. Never been spooked like that before.

I set a door alarm at night in case JL ever starts sleepwalking. I'm a little paranoid.

I'm not joking, but my wife and I thought our son was possessed. It used to freak us out until we found out what was going on. I had some crazy video that we took to show the pediatrician. Now his terrors last 3-5 mins and we know when he's coming out of his terror. It's freaky stuff when it's happening, but we're pros at it now.

Pucky, have your tried to taking him to church?

It's impossible to be possessed if one goes to church.

No! Iz not a dinosaur, iz a tri-ce-ra-tops! -JL

Family lore has it that once when I was a little kid, I was asked what I wanted to be when I grow up.

I said a dinosaur.

It's never too late!