BREAKING NEWS!

• Start date
  • Replies 2,068 Comments
  • Views 161,623 Views
wait, i thought it was a guy, nvm

you know like korean david kim

Some people built a big domino machine which apparently broke some records. So if you want to watch a bunch of dominoes topple for awhile, you could probably look that up.

I myself will skip it.

Volkswagen sucking some ass though. What an ass-sucking scam.

Now busted. I wonder if it was worth it.

My twin manages a VW dealership. He's had an interesting day.

What is the report from field level?

It's obviously easy to go on the internet and say their reputation is horribly damaged - but does it actually effect sales?

I mean, I assume so to some extent. I have a very low opinion of the western consumer but I assume not everyone is going to instantly move on from that shit.

That aside, no doubt there will be largescale fines and lawsuits.

It's a serious thing. Almost as big as Deflategate.

What is the report from field level?

It's obviously easy to go on the internet and say their reputation is horribly damaged - but does it actually effect sales?

I mean, I assume so to some extent. I have a very low opinion of the western consumer but I assume not everyone is going to instantly move on from that shit.

That aside, no doubt there will be largescale fines and lawsuits.

It's a serious thing. Almost as big as Deflategate.

The general mood is not good. There was internal talk about increased scrutiny coming along with VW's new status as the world's #1 automotive group. I guess they knew they had skeletons in their closet. Nothing that bad though.

The fact that this emissions thing is affecting diesel models - which are largely bought by eco-conscious types, is even worse. These consumers are going to be more vocal than most.

I tend to believe that it'll blow over quickly enough. They basically just need to replace the CEO and call it a brand new management team.

Either way. Glad I don't have my bro's job.

:mrquincy:

11 million cars out there with the cheating software

:littleboy:

Yah, there will be fines. And I guess there could still be more

I was surprised to hear only 3% of VW's international sales are in the US. I'm not vouching for that figure but someone in the media said it. I just tried a half-assed search but couldn't confirm it right away.

Anyway, who cares? Don't even know why I mention it. I'm sure a lot of countries comprising the other 97% are intelligent and forward-thinking - with serious, appropriate regulations about environmental issues - and probably less culturally likely to insta-forget that anything happened.

While every fraction of a percent actually equals pretty large $$$, the U.S. may be down the list of concerns.

4 out of 5 VW babays recommend that their dad switch to Volvo

Ir1d0zZ.jpg

always hated volkswagen. foking fascists and their gay mobiles.

always hated volkswagen. foking fascists and their gay mobiles.

Hitler+at+the+presentation+of+the+Beetle.jpg

Most people think the Volkswagon Beetle came from the 60's, but it was actually developed in the 30s under the NAZIs. Autos at the time were upper middle class or better luxuries, and so Hitler wanted a car that ordinary people could buy and drive. The result became the Volkswagon "People's car" Beetle.