Breaking Bad

• Start date
  • Replies 628 Comments
  • Views 35,936 Views
My writer's mind makes me think that the whole idea was to put Walt in a corner. As the protagonist you will root for him regardless of circumstance, regardless of actions, and the writers know this. So to put him at an ultimate disadvantage prior to final episode not only makes logical sense from a writer's perspective but also from a viewer's perspective because it builds tension. Two things I predict definitely happen: Marie gets a bullet to the head and Skylar gets the ricin. The viewer hates both characters and the writers have spent the last two years of the show making us despise them.

I might be wrong but those are my predictions.

Walt goes nucular on Gretchen and Elliott and he's arrested right after Elliott admits that Walt's ideas and brainwork are what made him the rich man he became. It is implied that Walt dies of cancer in prison.

I don't think we'll see much of Marie in this episode. She's become unrelvant.

I feel like Walt has to go after Uncle Jack, Todd and crew. I feel like Walt will be largely successful in that venture.

At some point, Walt will be face to face with Jessie again. I do not see a continuation of the hard feelings there. I see forgiveness, redemption - feelings of family.

Would not bet a penny on any of that though.

Trying to decide what happens to the money. Man I got nothing on that. I foresee no happy endings in terms of finding a way to get it to the real family. Lydia gets it maybe.

Frankly, I am anticipating a fair amount of all-around bleakness.

Everyone smiles

I don't think Walt goes after Todd & the Gang, he's given up on the money. I think Jesse blows up the meth lab.

RIP Todd & the Gang
RIP Jesse

Everyone else lives.

Lesdoit.

I enjoyed that profoundly.

Particularly loved the use of a clever scientific gizmo to reach the goal. Great touch.

Yeah, Muddy wins the Showcase Showdown.

I suspected Lydia was going to get something. I just thought it might be 100 million dollars rather than creeping death.

Damn Mudder did you write the shit or what?

Well played.

You guys need to go watch Prisoners if you think this show is amazing. Wait till you see that movie.

SW7zkin.jpg

This made me feel good inside.

"If you're going to go that direction, you're going to need a bigger knife"

:ata:

The whole thing felt kinda shady, like morality-wise. -Skinny Pete

:lol:

That was some good tv! We all basically knew how it'd go down, but I still really enjoyed it.

It has to be said: the bit with Uncle Jack feeling the need to prove to Walt that Jessie is not his partner challenged credulity a whole lot. It was an implausible suspense-stretching device.

But really, the episode was a microcosm of the whole series. Yes there are those moments - BB will never be mistaken for a documentary - but it is offset by some of the most inspired plotting delivered with unprecedented style that I have ever seen.

Loved the show. It will definitely be on my list of all-time shows to rewatch start-to-finish every 5 years or so.

Muddy I request a video of you in Heisenberg hat and sunglasses playing the BB theme song at some point.