Breaking Bad

• Start date
  • Replies 628 Comments
  • Views 35,856 Views
I'm with Cali. Decent MacGyver episode but eh.

They gave way too much airtime, and thought, to the evidence thing. Why go through all this magnet-in-a-truck hassle and then plant that bank account info?

That laptop had to be triple-encrypted to begin with.

Whatever.

We were 3 pitchers deep so it would've taken a lot to keep us up.

Needless to say I don't think we made it past the first 20 minutes, with the consensus on this but will give it another shot.

Thinking back, my expectations were way too high for this episode. It had some great exchanges, including Jesse who comes up with the magnet idea and then goes all "YEAH MAGNETS!!!!111" when their test appears to work.

Also the scene in Saul's office - Did you actually just use the word "ethically’ in a sentence"? You’re a two-bit bus-bench lawyer, calm the fok down pal. (quoting from memory :guitar:)

I thought that the last scene with Skyler was a bit awkward and unconvincing. No way she doesn't go nucular on Walter for his ridiculous "I forgive you", no matter how scared she may be.

Common Walt. That was weak.

Last edited:
Now how about that opening scene? That was awesome. It seems to hint that we're NOT actually headed towards a balls-out Scarface type of ending, contrary to what the main episode seems to be setting up (thanks to an increasingly delusional/megalomaniac Walt.)

Good shit coming up, I can feel it in the bones of my moobs.

Matt Rain
we're NOT actually headed towards a balls-out Scarface type of ending

Okay, he did buy a machine gun. But he's got a new identity and seems all humble in the flash-forward.

Oh man.

:stevie:

Last edited:
Matty, the dragons in Game of Thrones will come up HUGH in the next season!

Yeah, I need to rewatch Season 2 MrM. It grabbed me for most of the season but then I lost sense of who's who and who's mad at who and shit. The social webs are quite intricate on this show, and I'm not that good at paying attention. :wah:

Definitely giving it another shot after those insights Matty.

:cheers:

No way they would have had time to concoct and then execute the plan to destroy the evidence. Hank would have been all over the laptop immediately.

Was Hank moving around well at the end of last season? Don't really recall. But now he's walking around checking out what's left of the lab. I call bull shit.

Ted lol.

Solid acting by Ted at last. He looked properly spooked.

Thinking back, my expectations were way too high for this episode.

:light:

I was even going to warn against this but didn't quite get around to it. It seemed like some of us had slightly departed from reality in our expectations.

Breaking Bad is a good show which I really like, but it has never been non-stop action. There has always been time taken to marinate in the mood. And it has never been pristine. Over the seasons there have been many significant plot holes or instances of behavior not making sense. There has been lots of stuff you are better off not thinking about too much.

I wish it were not so but it's part of the deal. The goods stuff more than compensates.

Personally I enjoyed the episode. It was what I was expecting.

ok I am just now getting to the end of season 2, but I did watch (am watching) the new episode, the actress that plays Walts wife, looks like a completely different actress than in the first couple of seasons, am I right or wrong in this?

Also, I am only part way through the new episode so I am completely lost, walt goes from having a full of head of hair and beard, to
bald.....I am lost....hopefully this will make sense once I get to the end of the episode, I am not sure if the story line is going backwards like it did from the very first season or what....

I just watched, what happened to Ted in the first place I don't remember any of that.

And yea the magnet and the computer was stupid.

think I'll wait and watch S5 when it goes to netflix unless I can catch up
cause it doesnt hold my attention when IDK what the fuck led up to all this. and I get pissed being left in suspense for a week
watching episodes back to back with no commercials is where its at:greencheck:
Ted??? who the fuk is Ted???

still the only TV show I've gotten into since probably Knight Rider or A-team

The episode needed more meth.

3.8 heisenberg rains

Senco, cami, stevie :facepalm:

There's absolutely no point in watching the current season if you're not up-to-date. S'like jumping in halfway through a novel. This ain't House MD., it's mostly a linear plot.

How can you ask who Ted is? Ted Beneke, Skyler's boss/one-time lover.

Common!

Skyler does look completely different since season 4.

The actress got fat is all.

Senco, cami, stevie :facepalm:

There's absolutely no point in watching the current season if you're not up-to-date. S'like jumping in halfway through a novel. This ain't House MD., it's mostly a linear plot.

How can you ask who Ted is? Ted Beneke, Skyler's boss/one-time lover.

Common!

Hah yeah man we're 1/2 way through Season 2 and since I've seen them all I tried to fill her in so we could watch the new one and it would make sense to her.

It's impossible.

The big question tonight is, do I watch Breaking Bad in real time while taping The Newsroom? Or vice versa?

Well okay I suppose I watch the Newsroom because it has no commercials and then when I watch Breaking Bad later, I can fast forward through them.

So okay.

But suppose we turn it into a referendum on which is the better show, which am I more anxious to see? That is an interesting question.

:thinking: