Boner's Equine Exploits

• Start date
  • Replies 235 Comments
  • Views 7,971 Views
Probably not getting in to this one boys. Only 12 spots, we only have more winnings than a few... nominations were free so we gotta hope a bunch drop out...
Screenshot_20220130-160546_Mobile Print.jpg

Wow boner, some high profile big money stables have that race in their sights as well.
Saffie, Pletcher, Cox, McPeek, Mott, Biancone, Romans and Casse.

Trivia: Mark Casse was based at Woodbine for a long time. He married a former high-school classmate of mine (Kathy Patton) and I've met him a few times over the years when I hung around the Woodbine backstretch. I cheer for him in the big races and often bet his nags.

Next Wed probably. About 20 of the higher earners are entered this weekend (so they won't race on the 12th). Maybe another 3-4 went last weekly and are unlikely... odds increasing that we get in but still a longshot.

NYRA announced a new rule that prohibited horses

10 or older from running at its tracks.

We're gonna pass on the Sam F. Davis which I'm happy about - as I've said I'd rather pick spots we have legit shot at winning.

Mousse gonna have a little time off to grow and train up. Will see him this spring up north (maybe monmouth).

Starter allowance for horses that have raced for a claiming tag would be HUGH, pal.

Update here.

Mousse took a longer (and more expensive) break than expected break. Back on the work tab and maybe start earning money again soon.

In the meantime I've got another starter on Saturday @ the Jersey Shore. 3yo filly.
Screenshot_20220907-162352_Chrome.jpg

Have some baby horses up for sale this fall and winter too. Need some inflows boyzzzz...

Mob entered again on Sat (she's actually raced another time since her debut). Hopefully she improves, who knows.

Hip 348 @ Fasig Tipton Mid-atlantic sells on Tue.

I still desperately need some positive ledger entries...

Mob is done racing. She just wasn't into it so she's been retired and will be retrained in a second career.

Mousse is entered for a race in Delaware on Sat. He's live @ 4-1 on the ML.

Mob is done racing. She just wasn't into it so she's been retired and will be retrained in a second career.

Mousse is entered for a race in Delaware on Sat. He's live @ 4-1 on the ML.
I’ll have to put it on my TV at work and watch it!

I assume TVG will show it

Yeah, race 7 I think 330pm post. TVG or use something like twinspires and cast it to TV.

Unfortunately I think he'll get bet down... might try to handicap the races on both sides and get value singling him in doubles.