Bitcoin and the Amazon.com for illegal drugs

• Start date
  • Replies 201 Comments
  • Views 17,098 Views
is he selling the rig or his algorithm with the rig?

WTF is Bitcoin mining? Are they using bots to trade? I don't get it.

WTF is Bitcoin mining? Are they using bots to trade? I don't get it.

They produce coins...I read those machines consume a lot of electricity.

Some of these questions could be probably answered on these forums. I thought the cocaine and crack subforum would be hopping lol , cannabis subforum seems to be where most people hang out. I read about these forums in that John Mcafee article that Mr quincy posted.

c7da3737b25f1b0113dd420051f6998c562a808e.jpg

http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/forum.php

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/

They convicted a newbie in Australia. He only lasted 3 months.

In what could be the first prosecution with Silk Road a major player, Ms Brown told the court that in two months from March last year Howard imported drugs 11 times. Ms Brown said Australian Customs and Border Protection Service officers in Melbourne and Sydney examined mail articles addressed to Howard at his Brunswick West home. Most were sent from the Netherlands; two were from Germany. The total pure weight of MDMA was 46.9 grams and the pure weight of cocaine 14.5 grams.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...ine-drug-supermarket-bust-20130206-2dxgu.html

Last edited:
not 1st
read about that Aussie case and common sense was his downfall, not SR
he was/is a victim of natural selection
the whole story is in the forum
his story is a bio of how NOT to be successful at illegal activities.

there was a HUGH bust few months ago of 1 of the biggest cola dealers on SR
located in Canada but again his downfall wasnt SR or its system,
instead he also conducted biz outside the site and used payment methods that werent anon.

Competition hits the marketplace. This is hilarious, like a kickstarter video

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/26/4...s-massive-advertising-push-atlantis-silk-road

"In the world of illicit virtual marketplaces, there is one clear leader: Silk Road, which has been in business since February of 2011. However, a few competitors have recently sprung up. The most visible is Atlantis, which has completely discarded the paranoia and caution that usually accompanies the online drug-dealing industry. Today, the site announced it is planning a "big social media campaign"

The video opens with a cheery tune and a cartoon man in stunner shades and a tie. "Meet Charlie," reads the narration. "He's a stoner, and recently his job made him move cities, and he can't find any dank buds." The movie ends with Charlie getting "high as a kite" after using Atlantis, which the video is sure to note offers "no fees for purchases" and "next day delivery."

It's very difficult for the police to crack down on either the operators or users of virtual marketplaces, however, so operating in the open may be the same as operating in the shadows. Owners can station themselves anywhere in the world, taking precautions to protect their identities. Atlantis and sites like it also operate completely under the table using virtual currencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. These "cryptocurrencies" also offer users ways to protect their identities. Atlantis and sites like it are only accessible through Tor, the distributed network that anonymizes traffic by bouncing it between nodes around the world.

ISN'T IT A BIT INDISCREET FOR ATLANTIS TO ADVERTISE SO BRAZENLY?

"We want to bring attention to the site and bring our vendors more buyers," a user purporting to be the CEO of Atlantis said on Reddit. "Law enforcement is going to be aware of us (and probably already is) regardless of the way we choose to put our product out there."

Atlantis says it has processed more than half a million dollars in sales since it opened in March, so the aggressive advertising strategy may be working. The company is also hiring an online marketer — to be paid in Bitcoin, of course."

atlantis_screencap_large_medium.png

It's been around for a while. Their marketing plan is interesting. :wah:

FF, xpy, you guys still holding?

FF, xpy, you guys still holding?
You maybe wrong but you maybe right.

Wish it would hover around the $65 mark (thats where i have it given historical rates of inflation).

Hope the Winklevoss's float does not become approved as last thing this currency needs is even more douche's unnecessarily inflating the price.

In for the long haul

You maybe wrong but you maybe right.

Wish it would hover around the $65 mark (thats where i have it given historical rates of inflation).

Hope the Winklevoss's float does become approved as their ETF's would be the foundation for a degree of legitimacy that would see BTC stay for the long-term.

People laughed at GOld ETF's a decade ago and laughed at specialty internet funds when they were 1st proposed and look what happened?

The belief exists. In for the long haul
Fixed