Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
They both have good points.

Who do we like more?

Jon Stewart bugs me a little bit. His delivery is annoying. Stop shouting brah. I also think he inserts too many layers of sarcasm to ever reach beyond his base of educated left-leaning urban types. Trevor Noah was good in his place, much more nuanced and less professorial.

No deep opinion about Bill Maher - he seems to like being a contrarian.

John Oliver's deep dive videos are always interesting.

Cool to see the legend Jon Stewart back in the mix as well!
Agreed here. His worst day is better than both of these two combined IMO.

That said Bill Maher at least gives a semblance of not being a schill for a political side.

John Oliver is absolute trash. Cannot stand him. If I watch a talk show (either side) and I feel they are pushing an agenda, it infuriates me.

Just to be clear and act like it’s all left leaning talk show hosts I dislike (which their are many) Greg Gutfeld isn’t any better.

The joke writers on these shows are lazy. Not original. I miss the Johnny Carson era.

Jon Stewart bugs me a little bit. His delivery is annoying. Stop shouting brah. I also think he inserts too many layers of sarcasm to ever reach beyond his base of educated left-leaning urban types. Trevor Noah was good in his place, much more nuanced and less professorial.

No deep opinion about Bill Maher - he seems to like being a contrarian.

John Oliver's deep dive videos are always interesting.
Jon Stewart replaced the best Daily Show host Craig Kilborn. He was amazing all around.

Trevor Noah was the opposite. So far left and full of NPR glib, it became insufferable.

Jon Stewart does shout and I feel he almost has to at this point. The Daily Shoe fell off a cliff after he left. The ratings were shit and that cavalcade of host thing they do is atrocious. It was the DEI of television lmao.

I remember Vice as this underground, edgy, vaguely right-wing zine that was distributed for free in the Montreal subway in the mid 90's.

RIP weirdos

Watching John Oliver now.

Pretty sure this is my favorite source of receving news information.

Really? I thought they were in the omg he took out his dick let's cancel him wokey department
I thought the wrestling docs were awesome. They have some great behind the scene stories. I never felt they had an agenda IMO

i liked vice. rip.

bill maher is saying stop progressing (which is a trip)
oliver is pure eurosocial

i can't make my mind up between the 2

i would rather watch the pbs news hour

Which ones you like? I'll follow your recc

Here is a link to all the episodes. New season starts next Tuesday. The lineup for the upcoming season looks weak IMO.

As far as what I enjoyed, I truly thought the 1st 2 seasons were killer. Not one bad episode. I think it’s more personal preference because they do cover all the territories in it.

Jon Oliver has done some cool deep dives but he’s extremely nerdy and has probably never had sex.
What’s the definition of being a nerd these days? Just wearing glasses?

It’s like calling someone a hipster. Kind of meaningless.

JO is self-deprecating about his appearance.

‘I look like ChatGPT’s answer to “show me a virgin.”