Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • Views 91,445 Views
got called at last minute to play for a softball team last night at 8:15. as expected, tweaked the short head of bicep femoris (hamstring) chasing after 1 of about 20 lasers in the right center gap.

I guess this will be a weekly ongoing thing to thwart my gym,biking, swimming and running progress.

we got mercy ruled 32-2 after 50 mins and 3 innings

facilities out here are soooooo much better than Chicago leagues I've played in though. nice degen team of roofers and salt of the earth types though

facilities out here are soooooo much better than Chicago leagues I've played in though. nice degen team of roofers and salt of the earth types though
But no 16 inch games to be found out there I bet.

any Reno sighting?

Every time I see one of them ebike riders riding without pedaling with a happy face smile just sitting there like a dork I tell myself "My matty would look down on you" as I turn my head to look at the schmuck

:dontthinkso:

I actually like ebikes. We're going to start carrying them at work and I wanna get myself an e-fat bike.

But yeah passing an ebike on my road bike is pretty fun.

T-1 boys

Legs are now hairless

LFG

20230510_093832.jpg

39 riders registered in my category

I stalked most of them on Strava to check their power numbers. I'm competitive power-wise but there are faster guys, and many guys with racing experience. Top 10 would be a very satisfying result. :handshake:

I like tron's explanation . I thought it was to minimize potential gnarliness of road rash in case of a spill on the bike.

aerodynamics would be minimal as compared to swimmers id think.

I like tron's explanation . I thought it was to minimize potential gnarliness of road rash in case of a spill on the bike.

aerodynamics would be minimal as compared to swimmers id think.
Aerodynamics are a big reason, but yes the effect of shaving your legs is not big. It's just one of many aero marginal gains one can achieve for (almost) free. The big one is your riding position, but everything is a factor.

I did a few recon laps of the course on Wednesday, I averaged 21mph for what was about a 6/10 kind of effort. Fast course, which means the race will probably maintain a 25mph+ average. At that speed any aero gain is magnified quite a bit.

But yeah, below like 18mph any single aero thing you do is not very significant.

On that note, I need to poop and get ready. ✌️