Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,807 Comments
  • Views 91,550 Views
How long you have to wear the boot?
Only until tomorrow as long as it doesn't bother me. Doesn't really hurt now, just sucks being inactive and without any alcohol. Unpacked a puzzle to pass the time.

Attachments

• 20220615_175459.jpg
    20220615_175459.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
Thanks Matty, I'm shocked at the number of people that have had it around our age when I tell them what I have.

Mr. Teela started getting gout in his big toe about 9 years ago. It started when he was doing hardcore keto, but he has been getting it periodically since then. He has to take meds daily for it now.

9 years ago?!

Did he invent keto?.

I thought it was a 2017 fad for some reason.

Bummer on the gout though.

I was in very good shape pre-Vegas trip in early May but it’s been a train wreck since with nagging injuries, poor sleep and it’s either lightning/raining or it feels like 97 degrees.

And I eat way better when I’m working out regularly. Have a big birthday coming up in a few months so I bought 10 vinyasa flow yoga passes and I’m getting back in the saddle (weather be damned).

I read this quote tonight and it gave me the perfect kick in the ass that I need right now:

“I hope you find the courage to change your life. In the small ways, in the big ways, in every way that matters. I hope you do not end this story with a heart full of regrets. I hope you do not spend your years just waiting for your life to begin. I hope you realize that this is not the practice run, this is not the preview. This is it. There is nothing to do but leap. There is nothing to do but allow yourself to exist as boldly and honestly as you can. You will think you have forever, but you do not. It all happens, and it happens quickly. You are not waiting on another person, or the right timing, or for everything to fall into place. You are waiting to feel ready enough to exist within the questions, to not need every answer, and to know that this life does not come to us to be perfectly understood, but to be fully experienced, in every direction we can possibly reach.” – Brianna Wiest, International Best-Selling Author

In strength was around 85 cadence for :30 sprints. Rough workout. Heart was definitely pumping. 189 is pushing it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-172146_SugarWOD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-172146_SugarWOD.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220623-171901_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-171901_Strava.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20220623-172525_SugarWOD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-172525_SugarWOD.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 63
I have a double chin that is rather unflattering. I don't think it will go away even if I were skinnier. Perhaps I will go to Columbia and have it surgically altered.