Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,807 Comments
  • Views 91,604 Views
I'm carefully reckless. I just went to scout the route in my car, going to be an epic ride.

Watch at 2x speed:

I often wish that the local authorities would spend a nice sunny weekend day only ticketing cyclists. Most for running lights and failing to signal. But also for speeding. Don't die (or get a ticket) Matty.

Good Luck, Matty? you gonna have a helmet cam on?

while you ride up that hill today as well? or ever?

oh, blitty beat me too the hill question.

to boner's point.

we have a couple intersections here in Chicago where Police will do that. Especially at some of our weird 6 corner street intersections but it becomes a popular spectator sport and the pedestrians start to clue the bikers in, and then car accidents were happening as drivers were rubber necking through the intersection.

Do people bike up hills like that?

Would you?
Yes. Hadn't really planned on tackling it uphill, but it sounds like I'm being challenged to do it.

I'LL SHOW YOU (very slowly).

I don't have my GoPro here, unfortunately. Might be able to film from the handlebar.

BTW it would be an ideal hill to do the Everesting challenge on - the challenge involves climbing the equivalent of Mount Everest (8,848m) in one ride. You'd need to tackle said hill about 75 times to complete the challenge. (No thank you.)

BTW it would be an ideal hill to do the Everesting challenge on - the challenge involves climbing the equivalent of Mount Everest (8,848m) in one ride. You'd need to tackle said hill about 75 times to complete the challenge. (No thank you.)

Jesus

People are cray
Ya I feel like the people who do this stuff know that they’ll either do this type of stuff or heroin.

There’s no in between.

But good for them for not choosing heroin.

:greencheck:

Holy shit

That was way harder than anything in Owen Sound. Way too much climbing, and the downhill bits were scary enough that I rode the brakes all the way down. Still managed to hit over 70km/h while on the brakes.

2/3 of the ride was beyond my skill level.

Holy shit
20210906_124229.jpg

20210906_135146.jpg

20210906_142840.jpg

20210906_145849.jpg

And I did climb Bowles Hill back up but I had to take a break during the steepest section. Then I fell onto the road as I failed to gain enough momentum to resume the climb. :rofl: That's where the video stops. Strava shows proof that I completed the climb though.

Screenshot_20210906-154241_Strava.jpg

@Matty the end of the video :lolpanda:

good stuff

biggest hills I get are inter coastal bridges

I wanna go back with the Kona when the hill is perfectly dry. I did 1:17 while riding the brakes and the KOM is 0:57. I bet I can come within a few seconds of it - my weight is an advantage here.

Screenshot_20210906-161701_Strava.jpg