Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,807 Comments
  • Views 91,573 Views
Well I'm going to need a few days off from riding the bike due to my taint being extremely raw and sore.

Fellow cyclists is this normal? I need a wider more comfortable seat because this one makes it feel like I'm wearing a g-string made out of steel after I get off the bike.
The pain will go away. Confirmed

wear padded bike shorts underneath whatever your biking in

My fellow cycling enthusiasts plommberg and Matty……… I was just wondering if ya’ll are riding bikes that fit you properly (this will probably make Reno’s head explode). I just read more posts…..Matty has the cycling bug it sounds like he got fitted to a frame :bowdown:
I just browsed FB Marketplace for a "Large"/56cm frame as that seemed to be my size based on my inseam. That said I think this bike is juuuuust a bit big for me. I think my next one will likely be a Medium/54cm for a racier position and shorter reach to the bar.

Love my current setup though, I think it's perfect - drop bar roadie but with wider 32mm tires. It's basically a gravel bike. 👌 I can run anything on these rims from classic 23mm road slicks up to about 35mm knobbies.

I’m actually in between a Large and a XL but I always ride Large. I just have the seat post high.

Bike is fixed 🥳 I replaced the last broken
wheel bearing and used the opportunity to change the gearing at the rear, from a 14-28 cassette to a 11-28 which means I can now go up to 80km/h @ 140 crank revolutions per minute in the fastest gear. Ima need skin grafts when I crash 🙃

198.6 after my post-lunchtime ride

We keep on truckin' 🚚

Screenshot_20210614_184540_com.strava.jpg

300W, bitches 🥳

The "King of the Mountain" on this segment maintained 500W throughout

Ima need a couple more months

My fellow cycling enthusiasts plommberg and Matty……… I was just wondering if ya’ll are riding bikes that fit you properly (this will probably make Reno’s head explode). I just read more posts…..Matty has the cycling bug it sounds like he got fitted to a frame :bowdown:
I found a guy (mobile bike mechanic) on kijiji that came to my place and tuned up my bike and adjusted the seat so its the right height etc.
The bike rides as well as it can I'm sure.

The pain will go away. Confirmed

wear padded bike shorts underneath whatever your biking in
Ok so after a couple of days the pain has subsided, the seat is fine but the friction or whatever caused chafing on the inside of my cheeks and it was raw and sore. When I took a shower the water hitting the same spot hurt like fuck. I think I'll be fine going forward.

"I use Bliss pretty much all the time every day. From training that's
5 hours to the coffee shop that's 20 minutes (you sit around along time)
to even days off the bike." -Coryn Rivera, Professional Cyclist

kato is sold

ok learned something new today from this thread "Saddle Strains" are a real thing - I've experienced one first hand.

We are very skeptical about the lifetime guarantee on the Camari padded shorts.

I replace my padded shorts once a year. I employ a two padded shorts rotation.

I’ll post the shorts I wear over the padded ones later. I think you guys will like the pocket locations

They seem a bit cheaply made, but then they were cheap too. 🤷‍♂️

I ride on the sidewalk and give way to pedestrians. I will only ride on the road if there are no cars around or there is a bike lane.
I've had enough close calls with vehicles already and won't risk it. Too many people NOT paying attention while behind the wheel.

I'm extremely careful.