Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,300 Views
Long term weight training does come with some injuries
Still dealing with my frozen shoulder. I still can't do any strenuous upper body exercise. Easy resistance band type stuff for the foreseeable future.

I did five sets of 12 reps of single-leg presses using 120lb of weight (five sets per leg so 10 total.) That seems like very little weight for leg training, but I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow morning. Shit got intense towards the end.

Track bike has no derailleurs (single fixed gear - no coasting possible), no brakes, different frame geometry (more aggressive), thicker chain. That's aboat it. Going fast on a track bike is a lot easier than on a road bike. Everything is optimized for efficiency and aerodynamics.

Road bike
gallium-pro-disc-338A-SRAM-red-eTap-side.jpg

Track bike
electron-my2020-side.jpg

Track bike has no derailleurs (single fixed gear - no coasting possible), no brakes, different frame geometry (more aggressive), thicker chain. That's aboat it. Going fast on a track bike is a lot easier than on a road bike. Everything is optimized for efficiency and aerodynamics.

Road bike
View attachment 6444
Track bike
View attachment 6445
wot? sounds dangerous. No wonder these fuckers crashing

lol, there are many more crashes in road racing. Having no brakes means there are no sudden speed changes which is safer for everyone on the track.

There's never a reason to brake suddenly - if someone crashes in front of you you just swing up the track. Like the coach said at the beginning, the track is self-cleaning. Everything comes rolling down one way or another.

In related news, I won my first individual sprint last night 🥳 against a guy who had his own carbon bike with bigger gearing too. (The rental bikes are perfectly decent but they have a small gear.) Coach gave me a round of applause, followed by "ok ease up now big guy!"

Feltgoodman. I was never even remotely close to athletic in school. Scrawny kid.

Looking great, Matty!

Please tell me you don’t wear the mask when you’re alone in that gym (if that ever happens).

nice matty! wicked leg vein!

at work right now - will go topless. hopefully will post this week.

Yeah no, there was another guy and a girl there. I take it off when I'm by myself. Everyone puts theirs back on when a 2nd person enters the room so I return the favor.

yeah, gonna need topless picks of both yall. Unfortunately it's true ...and no holding it in