Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,817 Comments
  • Views 94,289 Views
C’est le fun!

Is the wife acting like a pussycat in heat around you again pal? I bet she is.
We're about 25 pounds away from that, by my estimation.
When you feel your moobs does it feel different?
Upper body is a bit more toned thanks to a light regimen of pushups and chin-ups, but here again, lots of work to do before we #bringsexyback. Moobs should have been replaced with tight pecs around mid-June.

I'm eating 1400 and creating about a 1300 daily deficit, which translates to a weight loss of about 2.5 pounds a week.

unfortunately the metabolism will not let this continue for too long

unfortunately the metabolism will not let this continue for too long
Agreed. That said, knowing @Matty he will understand he will plateau.
Reading his posts, I think he’s doing the weight loss the right way.

Looks like keto is good for maintaining a high BMR, but for that I may have to stop restricting calories. This stuff is a bit counterintuitive.

Anyway I'll adapt as needed. I'm not married to any one method. I remember the last time I did this that it got harder to lose weight beyond 185. I'll be very happy to plateau at that #sexy level.

no matter what approach you use: Homeostasis will be the end goal of your body.

so it's great to not be married to one approach, when what is working begins to not work, switch it up.

gotta keep the body guessing in between a good stretch of consistency at different methods

Right now, keto is melting my moobs at record pace... I know a lot of it is water weight, but wow:

IMG_20210328_090401.jpg

Medium-high ketosis bois

IMG_20210328_093117.jpg

Last edited:
when do the carbs come back in?

when do the carbs come back in?
So, I'm hoping that symptoms of the "keto flu", i.e. general low energy, some lightheadedness, etc. go away by the end of the week. I find it a bit hard to focus on work right now, and I can barely do my pushup and chin-up routine. If that doesn't go away I'll revert to standard Noom (calorie restriction + focus on low-caloric-density food).

If body and mind fully adapt to keto this week the plan is to keep going until I'm 185.

I'm a bit concerned about nutrient deficiency while on keto, namely potassium. It's hard to ingest enough of that shiz without doing carbs. I'm looking into it.

deep in ketosis I found a very euphoric state of long lasting energy, I had clarity, very low hunger, and I swear I need 90-120 mins less sleep. Wake up at 5:00 am itching to get out of bed and be productive.

The key for me when I was struggling was always the counter intuitive, get more fat and less protein.

for me the solution was eating more bowls of leafy greens piled with fatty dressings, cheese, and bacon

Also sugar free jello and whipped cream is a huge go to treat if you get sweet tooth cravings