Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,808 Comments
  • Views 91,697 Views
Let’s go, boys, let’s get motivated.

Even though I’ve been regularly doing weight training, I haven’t gotten on the saddle and ridden my bike in about 6 weeks. And even before that I was only sporadically riding. That shits gotta stop. I need to get back on the bike.

I've been a comple slug last couple months. Need to cut the booze, control the diet and do ANY activity 3-4x a week.

Bone bone, you seem like you would do well with the peloton. I have seen a lot of people that have really done well with those.

BACK IN THE ONE EIGHTS

YEAH BITCHES

20221017_075641.jpg

:fiverdance:

I went for a 35-mile bike ride with Joe Rain this weekend. For context, Joe Rain is a runner who currently weighs 168lbs or so. I weigh exactly 20 pounds more, a lot of it being mid-section fat.

Still.

I fucking destroyed him. :dance: At first we took turns "taking pulls" so the other could draft behind and take a rest, but it quickly became apparent that Joe Rain could not follow any sort of spirited pace. I ended up towing him most of the way, and I dropped him with about 10 kilometers to go. 🤭

Feltgoodman.

I still need to lose a good 15 pounds.

I also did laps of the F1 track in Montreal, that's always fun.

I'm a racecar, weeeee

Matty I want to see you with this guy's quads by 2024

thanx in advance

working on it

got a leg press machine at the condo

i'm weak as fok though, can barely manage sets of 6 reps at 160lbs (single leg press). 300lbs for both legs.

1666877406797.png

It's funny you were looking that up. I've only ever really squatted and done free weight stuff for legs. Joined a gym recently to augment my backyard primal workouts and started loading up the press and it seemed so easy. So I started looking up what typical weights were, and it was all over the map.

but it really depends on the machine

is that chart for your specific machine?

No. What difference does the machine make?

I know mine has that weird multiplying effect, where a 10lb plate translates into a 20lb press? I dunno. Max weight is (the equivalent of) 400lb, and my goal is to max it out over the winter (for a single leg.)

Oooh I see, the ratio is actually 2.15 to 1 for the leg press, not a perfect 2:1. It's all different ratios depending on what you're doing.

So what I thought was 160 was actually 172, and "300" was 322.5.

20221027_095842.jpg

Still tons of work to do. 💪

No. What difference does the machine make?

I know mine has that weird multiplying effect, where a 10lb plate translates into a 20lb press? I dunno. Max weight is (the equivalent of) 400lb, and my goal is to max it out over the winter (for a single leg.)
physics shit, friction coefficients, angles, gravity, type of resistance ect

Went to resume my leg press workouts this AM and turns out I pulled my groin pretty bad this summer, to the point I can't really press any significant weight with just my left leg. :oops: Regular presses with both legs are fine and cause no pain, but the left by itself is super weak. Ima have to have that checked. Fok.