Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,576 Views
Joe Rain keeps sending me these. A lot of them apply to cyclists as well, this one very much included. 😁
FB_IMG_1661886423850.jpg

No. Runners and cyclists just tend to grab whatever is within reach to fuel their training. If you only have under-ripe bananas or stale bagels, so be it. Need carbs.

I was given a dirt jump bike the other day, Mongoose Fireball. I had no idea what a dirt jump bike was, I just wanted some sort of MTB for the cottage. Anyway, I knew there was this bike park near my place so I took it there to test it out.

Mongoose Firebal dirt bike

Little did I know that this is the exact kind of bike that one rides to the bike park. Like, I was the only one there with the exact right kind of bike. The kids kept looking at me, like they expected me to do something spectacular. After a few minutes, I said to no one in particular:

-This is my first time riding this, I don't know what I'm doing.

These two kids came over and showed me how to go around the pump track without pedaling. It's a hell of a workout.

I'm going back this AM to try some tabletop jumps.

My 43-year-old streak of not breaking a bone might soon come to an end.

🥳

This thread is reverting back to my high school days lol.

Bike parks and table tops were pretty popular in my hood’.

I was more into skateboarding, but had a large group of acquaintances that’s were diehard bmx.

99.9997% chance you break your collar bone. But it will all be worth the glory of entertaining those random 13 yr old kids.

Also our jumps were large manually dug dirt ones.

Those synthetic ones look a bit more refined.

Had a roommate in college who was very into rock hopping (I think it's a mountain bike). I'm too uncoordinated to do any of this xgames shit.

Yeah I have basically zero natural talent at this. I'm stiff and largely uncoordinated.

I'm calling this a jump.

Screenshot_20220913-081338_Gallery.jpg

Still have the titanium plate and 9 screws in my right clavicle. Becoming very uncomfortable seriously considering getting them taken out