Ask Rogue Juror A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 138 Comments
  • Views 10,279 Views
very common, specially in the zona norte the north part. stay there long enough and you'll stumble into a murder scene one morning. what's common too are arrastoes "drags", you're basically stuck in traffic and they come and rob you or drag you somewhere to rob you, you're basically a sitting duck. heavy wave of arrastoes this month, this morning was announced 19 police commands will be replace because they suspect corrupt protection. very violent city.

neighborhoods are controlled by traffickers or by militias. militias are police groups or firefighters groups or higher government officials or other criminal squads that extort businesses and protect drug sales. traffickers get all the bad rep but militias out number traffickers probably 10 to 1. militias are a lot more dangerous because they can racket up any type of business from daycares to supermarkets to whatever, while traffickers only care about the sale of drugs. militias create chaos to control the chaos. sometimes traffickers controlled favelas are a lot more safer than militia controlled ones, violence is not good for business.

here is a map of traffickers controlled favelas
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=p...d=115211214098399466668.000446fc11e5ea296a5e9

here is a map of militias controlled favelas
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...453519&spn=0.263142,0.540358&t=h&source=embed

West and North are bad, the only part that is alright is the zona sul, the South, the beach areas. Ipanema, Copacabana, Leblon, Sao Conrado, Gavea, excellent neighborhoods and mostly legit and alright. But if you are ever vacationing down there and venture out the area and dial 101 for police don't think you'll get a friendly officer. :)

long live cv

very common, specially in the zona norte the north part. stay there long enough and you'll stumble into a murder scene one morning. what's common too are arrastoes "drags", you're basically stuck in traffic and they come and rob you or drag you somewhere to rob you, you're basically a sitting duck. heavy wave of arrastoes this month, this morning was announced 19 police commands will be replace because they suspect corrupt protection. very violent city.

neighborhoods are controlled by traffickers or by militias. militias are police groups or firefighters groups or higher government officials or other criminal squads that extort businesses and protect drug sales. traffickers get all the bad rep but militias out number traffickers probably 10 to 1. militias are a lot more dangerous because they can racket up any type of business from daycares to supermarkets to whatever, while traffickers only care about the sale of drugs. militias create chaos to control the chaos. sometimes traffickers controlled favelas are a lot more safer than militia controlled ones, violence is not good for business.

here is a map of traffickers controlled favelas
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=p...d=115211214098399466668.000446fc11e5ea296a5e9

here is a map of militias controlled favelas
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...453519&spn=0.263142,0.540358&t=h&source=embed

West and North are bad, the only part that is alright is the zona sul, the South, the beach areas. Ipanema, Copacabana, Leblon, Sao Conrado, Gavea, excellent neighborhoods and mostly legit and alright. But if you are ever vacationing down there and venture out the area and dial 101 for police don't think you'll get a friendly officer. :)

long live cv

tripped me out...

thanks for the answer

Is there an afterlife?

If so, please describe it.

Are you more of a fan of people who corrupt, or more of a champion of people who are oppressed?

You seem to have a soft spot for both, which confuses me.

Are you more of a fan of people who corrupt, or more of a champion of people who are oppressed?

You seem to have a soft spot for both, which confuses me.

Definitely people who corrupt.

Its disappointing seeing someone that BELIEVES in a fair system. I can't blame someone for playing fair, its hard going against it all. But those oppressed that believe they'll be save by justice, human, or the cross, spiritually, are a bit pathetic. Living in this constant naiveness, I could never champion these people. Briefly when I was 18 or so I had a dreamer phase, revolutionary romance, but that quickly ended. As long as they don't preach to me I'm alright with them, even then I understand their ignorance.

The world is as it is and the joystick is money, either you wise up or know that you take it in the ass. You will have to break your civil and moral laws. If you come from estrato 1 you will have to risk more.

Personally, I risk and eventually I'll lose.

Its disappointing seeing someone that BELIEVES in a fair system. I can't blame someone for playing fair, its hard going against it all. But those oppressed that believe they'll be save by justice, human, or the cross, spiritually, are a bit pathetic. Living in this constant naiveness, I could never champion these people. Briefly when I was 18 or so I had a dreamer phase, revolutionary romance, but that quickly ended. As long as they don't preach to me I'm alright with them, even then I understand their ignorance.

The world is as it is and the joystick is money, either you wise up or know that you take it in the ass. You will have to break your civil and moral laws. If you come from estrato 1 you will have to risk more.

yer a fokken poet pal :bowdown:

You use yer tongue prettier then a twenty dollar whore.

Is there an afterlife?

If so, please describe it.

No there isn't, one minute you're enjoying your drink the next one you're having a stroke, die and found a week later from the smell. Even if there was we wouldn't make it Stevie, enjoy your time now. Fuk the bullshit.

What's the wildest thing you've ever witnessed? (Wildest can be open to your own interpretation)

How is Jungle Man?

Salon perm?

No there isn't, one minute you're enjoying your drink the next one you're having a stroke, die and found a week later from the smell. Even if there was we wouldn't make it Stevie, enjoy your time now. Fuk the bullshit.

:cheers:

rogue juror fan club member, kato

God bless the motherland

For this new school year I put my nieces (12 and 11) in classes to learn Mandarin

Smart guy. That way when China claims the United States as its own, they will be one step ahead of the rest of us.

What's the wildest thing you've ever witnessed? (Wildest can be open to your own interpretation)

I saw a demon

On the street

I had a fever I was sweating

Was there to take me

We stood face to face

Then it left

so...

Is there any Greek food in Nicaragua?

Was just checking flights to Nicaragua, everything on Air Canada from Toronto connects in Houston!

This is a no play for plommer.

I may have to fly to Costa Rica first.

try copa, flies direct to panama from toronto

to managua it's cheaper than it is from here. some bs.

I will look in to this, never seen a Copa aircraft in Toronto.