Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,671 Comments
  • Views 146,010 Views
Went the chicken wing route yesterday with antipasto salad. KEY is frying them enough that you can eat skin and all like a piranha! Had on occasion eating out where skin not cooked enough and having to peel off only eating meat. :nono:

Added KEY using scissors and tediously trimming off as much extra fat off wings as you can see in pic. Eating excess unhealthy fat. :nono:
IMG_5217.jpeg

Here’s what you got after cooking in the Ninja air fryer. Been using it for a while, and at our age so much easier on the stomach without the oil/grease. Was surprised the chicken tastes the same.
IMG_5213.jpeg

IMG_5218.jpeg

Then mix the wings in hot sauce and cover this time with Blue chesse (MrsM) n Ranch (me). Or next serving pure hot!
IMG_5221.jpeg

IMG_5222.jpeg

:yum:

Try adding a tablespoon of baking powder to get it extra crispy,that looks delicious

Try adding a tablespoon of baking powder to get it extra crispy,that looks delicious
Thanks Dingo and forget one step MrsM did. She covers in corn starch which maybe does kinda the same thing?

I'm looking for a thicker sauce for my wings. Regular hot sauce and butter mix isn't cutting it, too thin.

Used in a sentence for clarification.

‘Tully drenched the new hostess with his thick slurry, behind the alley-way dumpster, in an effort to welcome her to the restaurant.

I'm looking for a thicker sauce for my wings. Regular hot sauce and butter mix isn't cutting i
We used Xanthan gum as an emulsifier/thickener at the shop,you can buy at health food stores or Amazon.

I'm looking for a thicker sauce for my wings. Regular hot sauce and butter mix isn't cutting it, too thin.
Make a slurry. Water plus cornstarch or arrowroot. Will thicken sauces
We used Xanthan gum as an emulsifier/thickener at the shop,you can buy at health food stores or Amazon.
@Dingo Boner's post hit home (hot sauce + butter is it for me) because love my wings but feel the same if any improvement possible? Not going to get Xanthan but you think adding cornstarch could do close to it?

Melt butter with sauce and then add starch? I like them hot, so maybe just sauce n starch? Bought more wings for this Sunday.

Try mixing the corn starch with the hot sauce a little at a time then add the melted butter.I suggested Xanthan gum cause it mixes smoothly into most liquidswithout having to add water,cornstarch you usually do what Tully said where you mix it with water then add to recipe.