Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,658 Comments
  • Views 143,861 Views
I'm all about the 3.0-3.5 speed at 20-30 incline on the treadmill... is it hiking? I dunno.

pro machine - those calves are going to be hugh

The thing that strikes me these days is that I have had zero reason to be so fat all these years. I just put no effort at all into my nutrition. I know that with these tracking apps and all the info that's out there, I'll be able to reach and maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life.

These apps (Noom, MyFitnessPal, Carb Manager) are a godsend. 🙏

I've become one of those people who spend 7 bucks on organic free-range/pastured eggs. I want my hens to be happy.

Seriously though, they taste a lot better than the $3 eggs, especially when hard-boiled. The whites are fluffier and the yolks are darker and more flavorful.

Ima stick with it. 👍

How much longer do you see yourself relying on the apps?

I feel like at this point I just know what I’m able to eat without computing it. We did the keto back in 2019 though..

I expect to weigh 199 in the morning.

About 8 pounds in 2 weeks.

Amazing work blittser! 🏆

Ima keep logging all my food intake in Carb Manager as long as I do keto, mostly because staying under 20g net carbs every day is pretty tricky. But yeah when I was using Noom I had it figured out after a few days.

I'll probably go back to Noom in the fall, and I'm sure I'll use it to look up foods and keep track of calories, but probably not as systematically as I'm currently using Carb Manager.

myfitnesspal can scan the barcode of any food item and will then provide all the nutritional info, I rarely have to look anything up. I usually bring my phone into the kitchen with me when I'm preparing my meals as I scan and input the (caloric and nutritional) data while cooking.

I agree 100% that the apps are the difference. I'm on a 105 day streak of logging in, tracking my calories and exercise with myfitnesspal and mapmywalk. Its now a habit and I experience anxiety if I don't exercise every day and log in to my apps to track myself. Its the best obsession I've ever had.

mfp and mmw are both free. I also read r/loseit on reddit for inspiration, motivation, and information.

myfitnesspal can scan the barcode of any food item and will then provide all the nutritional info, I rarely have to look anything up. I usually bring my phone into the kitchen with me when I'm preparing my meals as I scan and input the (caloric and nutritional) data while cooking.
Noom and Carb Manager do the same thing. I scan the shit out of everything at home and at the store.

I like MFP because it has a more detailed breakdown of the nutritional data. 👍

Last edited:
So if I cook up mixed veggies and chicken- I have to input weight for everything individually? Kind of annoying

You can ballpark it. I bought a 500g capacity digital scale, but after a while you learn what 10/25/50g of something looks like.

The thing that strikes me these days is that I have had zero reason to be so fat all these years. I just put no effort at all into my nutrition. I know that with these tracking apps and all the info that's out there, I'll be able to reach and maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life.

These apps (Noom, MyFitnessPal, Carb Manager) are a godsend. 🙏
It's hard to stay excited about all that stuff longterm.

True true

But there are lots of reasons to be motivated: Diabetes, high blood pressure, gout, etc.

Can people stay excited about not getting those things?

Fair point, but I think I mostly got fat because I had no idea how much I was ingesting. Being able to quickly compute my caloric intake is going to be a long term game changer, I think. But yeah maybe not. I get into these health kicks about once a decade.

Things like portion control stick with you to some degree. To this day I weigh pasta specifically before cooking. My father is constantly complaining that even with dieting he can't seem to lose weight - I recommend that he do a couple months weighing/calculating EVERYTHING he ingests just to understand. It's an invaluable exercise.

That said, sticking to a routine seems harder these days, dunno if it's age, family, lack of work routine, just passing of a personal "fad".

It may be but by the time the excitement wanes the good habits have been ingrained into your daily routine. You no longer even think about it, you just do it by default.

When you're fat (or ginormous) successful weight loss and better health never gets boring even if its not extremely exciting.
Its still rewarding and the feelings associated with it are pleasant.

Agree with my French Canadian pal, the fitness/food & calorie tracking apps are a godsend.
Reno, have you always been a Debbie Downer? Is it a Russian thing?