Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,676 Comments
  • Views 147,176 Views
MrX
Fluid intake includes the liquid content of your food and non-water beverages.
Right. That has always been accounted for in those 8x8 rules that I have seen. Still not seeing anything saying those numbers are exaggerated. Just the no extra benefit beyond that number deal.

Doesn't matter to me. I like water and drink plenty of it. Always have. Unless there is science that says it is BAD to, then I will continue.

MrX
All of these "you should drink this much water" claims are completely made-up and have been debunked by scientific studies.

Don't make me start a How To Do a Little Research thread.
I think I deserve at least a partial recant given the NIH recommendations btw

IAG
Another one. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20356431

What I am taking from the majority of these articles is that there is no additional health benefit above the recommended daily level ...ie drinking more than 8 glasses per day will not give you any more benefit than drinking the 8 glasses....actually I'm seeing more than 8 glasses recommended, but that may include other fluid intake.

:facepalm: if you can drink more, do it... what you are reading is written by fucking morons.

:facepalm: if you can drink more, do it... what you are reading is written by fucking morons.
I don't think you are following the debate very well RR. But you are closer to my position than Mr. X's.

Who exactly are you calling the fucking morons? ..The national institute of Health people? Did you read the articles? If so, which ones?

And don't forget to journal your food! ;)

another bottle of water
a handful of cheez-its
a couple hardboiled pickled eggs and beets.

I've never had one plain, but pickled is good. very good.

nah, i dont need to read the article, just went by your post... daily values are essentially bare minimums, but not many even know that... the more hydrated you are, the less you will run across a number of issues... less headaches and other random pains, muscle spams, cramps and soreness ...

im tired of posting chicken and rice or steak and rice...ill join back in about 6 weeks when the diet changes...:lol:

IAG
I think I deserve at least a partial recant given the NIH recommendations btw

I'll begrudgingly give you a partial recant, but only along the lines that some otherwise reputable sources put some harmless half-assed information out there.

The thing is, all this talk out there about how much water a person should drink is silly. The amount of fluid a body loses depends on way too many variables for a guideline to even make sense.

The only reason to even consider a guideline would be evidence that dehydration is a common problem, and there is ample evidence that it is not.

We evolved for millions of years to know when we need fluids. We get thirsty.

The one theory that was somewhat compelling was that our desire for caffeinated drinks which act as a diuretic lead to dehydration. That has been studied and debunked.

MrX
The one theory that was somewhat compelling was that our desire for caffeinated drinks which act as a diuretic lead to dehydration. That has been studied and debunked.

caffeine increases lipolysis , thermogenesis and it produces faster heart rates...and in almost everyone who ingests it, sweat... as you know, sweat leads to dehydration...people just dont quite understand how caffeine works... but these drinks definitely count towards intake values (per the other part of yalls discussion)

caffeine increases lipolysis , thermogenesis and it produces faster heart rates...and in almost everyone who ingests it, sweat... as you know, sweat leads to dehydration... but these drinks definitely count towards intake values

It forces the fluids out of your body, as does soda and beer. It is not that common to actually cause dehydration if a person is consuming the recommended intake of other liquids, though, it definitely can if you drink too much of it, and not enough of anything else.

I know when I wake up from a night of drinking, I am sooooo dehydrated, it takes me like three glasses of water before I feel normal again.

All yummy ones? or gross?

I personally liked them all, but I'm sure some of the leafy green ones I started out with wouldn't be desirable to most.

I've also been switching off with lemon and cayenne water.

I've heard about this mix of water. I like lemon in mine, but you can forget the cayenne.

How you feeling at this point?

does pussy juice count towards daily maintenance? need a mr.x ruling here :thinking:

does pussy juice count towards daily maintenance? need a mr.x ruling here :thinking:

Without any research, I'm going to guess that it's too saline to contribute much towards hydration. I'm not allowing it.