Anybody want to learn how to cook?

• Start date
  • Replies 109 Comments
  • Views 7,688 Views
thanks monkey and coug

Wait a minute! WTF!

Our little Peanut eats anything and everything but spits out lettuce from the salad every time like she is gagging. Looks at me like stop it idiot!

damn....

add flank steak/chicken/shrimp instead and instead of lettuce use????

corn tortilla and treat it as asian/mexican fusion street tacos

damn....

add flank steak/chicken/shrimp instead and instead of lettuce use????

corn tortilla and treat it as asian/mexican fusion street tacos

:up:

how is the cooking going jello?

I gave it up man. Too much work. It's all Subway and fast food now when I'm not working. The 5 days I work I just eat there so I really don't need to cook anything for myself anymore.

This was back when I was doing P90x and all into being healthy. That's soooo last year.

this was a fun thread

kato I love mexican food too. It can't be that hard.

Where's Juror? He's mexican.

:rotfl: i'm more mexican than he is. next time i make some standard chili sauce, i'll shoot that recipe along. have been experimenting with a recipe someone else gave me and just about got it down right. in the meantime...

texas pesto

3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2/3 cup fresh sweet basil
1 jalapeo, remove seeds, rough chop
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 cup pecans, shelled
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
olive oil
red wine vinegar
ground black pepper

you'll need a food processor for this, can't really get the consistency right in blenders.i use one of the mini-processors for this, a 3-cup size and it's perfect.

no large stems on either the cilantro or basil, add to processor, give it a few spins to rough-chop the leaves. add garlic, onion, pepper, nuts and and cheese and give it a few more spins. add some ground black pepper, hit HIGH and start to drizzle in some olive oil. if you can't drizzle it in, had a half-tablespoon and hit HIGH, turn off and add another half-tablespoon, and so on. Generally add about 2 tablespoons in this process. if you like your pesto wetter, add more.

should be left with about a half to 2/3 cup of pesto. set in a glass dish and cover with saran wrap at room temp for at least one hour. when you're ready to use, loosen it up with a few shakes of red wine vinegar, maybe a touch more of olive oil and more ground black pepper.

cook your pasta, drain and then stir this pesto in. it's good enough to eat like that with a little of your favorite grated cheese. or what we do a lot, like tonight, is add a chicken breast (chopped) that i grilled on sunday along with some halved cherry tomatoes and stir that in with the pesto and pasta.

awesome thanks bb

i'll try that soon

Im a big fan of cooking. Do it many nights a week and usually all weekend. Would consider doing it for a living if I could clear these school loans.

Im a big fan of cooking. Do it many nights a week and usually all weekend. Would consider doing it for a living if I could clear these school loans.

I do it for a living and it is hell on your body and social life.

ITs great if you want free booze and to fuck waitresses all week.

I do it for a living and it is hell on your body and social life.

ITs great if you want free booze and to fuck waitresses all week.

Yeah, the perks are alright in a restaurant.

Hey tully, they've moved me up to the top at my place. I'm the head nigga in charge now...since around March.

bumping this cause I am cooking the pork tenderloin on WEdnesday and need to look at this again

Jello = faggo

Would be fantastic for a Jello appearance!