Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 121,089 Views
No such thing available here. Canada is a poes.

Lowland? Like Auchentoshan? There are very few Lowland distilleries...

very few, but Auchentoshan and islay area for kato

Central-Hero-Images-Core-Range-3W.png

i will send you some pinch and high west whiskey one day

Glenkinchie 14 year old is in sherry casks as well.

need to purchase that

i do try to stay away from scotch as much as possible, it is my gateway to AA

you've had trouble with that kato?

yes and no

grandfather was a pro alcoholic

i am a pro binge drinker

i am aware

Matty Rain's Ranking of Scotch Whiskies

Crack-Like
1. Dalmore 18
2. Dalmore 10yo 1989

Excellent
3. Highland Park 12
4. Glenfiddich 15
5. Aberlour A'bunadh
6. Glenmorangie 12 "The Original"
7. Glenfiddich 21
8. Johnnie Walker Blue
9. Balvenie 12 Doublewood
10. Lagavulin 16
11. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
12. The Glenlivet 15

Good
13. Auchentoshan 12
14. Macallan 12
15. Glenfiddich 12
16. Johnnie Walker Black

Bad
17. Ballantine's Finest
18. Johnnie Walker Red

Buncha new entries and some reshuffling in this latest update - Lagavulin 16 is trending up as we work on the bottle we bought. We're acquiring a taste for peaty whiskies.

Auchentoshan 12 was a bit of a disappointment, but like Glenfiddich 21, it suffered from having been tasted right after an exceptional whisky, in this case a collector's-only Dalmore 10yo 1989. Dalmore stuff tastes very bourbon-ey and they have a very intense flavor and finish. We love that shit.

Macallan 12 was disappointing, very sweet and unidimensional. Not bad at all but not something we'd buy, especially considering the unusually high price point for a 12.

Balvenie 12 Doublewood is truly excellent - like Dalmore, it has a flavor profile similar to bourbon, with the barley adding complexity. We especially enjoy the subtle woody notes. This might become my go-to affordable single malt along with Highland Park 12.

Nice write up. :cheersbuddy:

Matty have you ever tried the Balvenie 14 Carribean Cask?

14 year Balvenie finished in casks that previously held rum.

I'm not a hipster.

Nice write up. :cheersbuddy:

Matty have you ever tried the Balvenie 14 Carribean Cask?

14 year Balvenie finished in casks that previously held rum.

Not yet. It's on our stupidly long list of shit to try.

It's not as good as JD Single Barrel or Makers but it's a mighty fine Scotch.

Drink it neat with a few sprinkles of water. Opens up real nice.

Son just bought this for $75! Matty, you need to give him Scotch buying lessons!

macallan-fine-oak-15-years.jpg

Looks like a bottle of Tully's piss.

Crack-Like
1. Dalmore 18
2. Dalmore 10yo 1989

Excellent
3. Highland Park 12
4. Glenfiddich 15
5. Aberlour A'bunadh
7. Glenfiddich 21
8. Johnnie Walker Blue
9. Balvenie 12 Doublewood
10. Lagavulin 16
11. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
12. The Glenlivet 15

Good
13. Auchentoshan 12
14. Macallan 12
15. Glenfiddich 12
16. Johnnie Walker Black

Bad
17. Ballantine's Finest
18. Johnnie Walker Red

Buncha new entries and some reshuffling in this latest update - Lagavulin 16 is trending up as we work on the bottle we bought. We're acquiring a taste for peaty whiskies.

[B]Auchentoshan 12 was a bit of a disappointment, but like Glenfiddich 21, it suffered from having been tasted right after an exceptional whisky, in this case a collector's-only Dalmore 10yo 1989. Dalmore stuff tastes very bourbon-ey and they have a very intense flavor and finish. We love that shit.[/B]

Macallan 12 was disappointing, very sweet and unidimensional. Not bad at all but not something we'd buy, especially considering the unusually high price point for a 12.

Balvenie 12 Doublewood is truly excellent - like Dalmore, it has a flavor profile similar to bourbon, with the barley adding complexity. We especially enjoy the subtle woody notes. This might become my go-to affordable single malt along with Highland Park 12.

i am glad the peat is starting to find you well. sad about the auchentoshan. we will get them next time.

Son just bought this for $75! Matty, you need to give him Scotch buying lessons!

macallan-fine-oak-15-years.jpg

I'm sure that's a fine drink MrM! The 12 is not bad at all, just not remarkable. Further aging must give it some character.

Can't wait to be old enough to have kids who buy me booze. You made it MrM. :bowdown:

Can't wait to be old enough to have kids who buy me booze. You made it MrM. :bowdown:

:lmao: Thanks buddy but it was for himself! I don't drink the stuff! Adding lucky and old enough for you!

not crazy about Corner Creek(and it's not cheap) or Willford. I'm beginning to see some method to your madness Matty :up:

Crack-Like
1. Dalmore 18
2. Dalmore 10yo 1989

Excellent
3. Highland Park 12
4. Glenfiddich 15
5. Aberlour A'bunadh
7. Lagavulin 16
8. Laphroaig 10
9. Glenfiddich 21
10. Johnnie Walker Blue
11. Balvenie 12 Doublewood
12. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
13. The Glenlivet 15

Good
14. Auchentoshan 12
15. Macallan 12
16. Glenfiddich 12
17. Johnnie Walker Black

Bad
18. Ballantine's Finest
19. Johnnie Walker Red

Auchentoshan 12 was a bit of a disappointment, but like Glenfiddich 21, it suffered from having been tasted right after an exceptional whisky, in this case a collector's-only Dalmore 10yo 1989. Dalmore stuff tastes very bourbon-ey and they have a very intense flavor and finish. We love that shit.

Bump for Daffy + another upgrade for Lagavulin 16 + new addition at #8, another ultra-peaty marvel, Laphroaig 10. Girls do NOT enjoy peaty breath. :biglaugh: Them Islay scotches stay in your mouth forever, which is a big part of the charm. Smokey, salty and wonderfully intense.

We need to try another Islay classic next, Ardbeg.

Good mourning Gamelive!