Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 120,806 Views
having some cheap cheap brandy and coke for happy hr

E-friends don't let e-friends get smashed on Wild Turkey 80. :nono:

Sound advice.

I remember my grandfather would guzzle the stuff down before he died so I decided to purchase it purely for the nostalgia.

Booker's debuts at #8. Big bold flavor and intimidating red color. Gimmicky packaging that's supposed to make it look like some kind of redneck luxury item. This is apparently bottled straight from the barrel, uncut and unfiltered. It reminds us of Fighting Cock but with less of a distinctive flavour. Bit of a disappointment especially considering the price point ($70!) We will enjoy this bottle but there's no way we're ever buying this again. I think we'll skip over the other small batch stuff from the Beam family (Basil Hayden's and Baker's) since we're clearly not a big fan of theirs (mind you, we do like regular Jim Beams, white and black labels).

We'd be a lot more enthusiastic about Booker's if it was priced under 50 dollorz. As it is, it feels like a bit of a rip-off even though the liquid is well above average.

3125.jpg

MattysBurbounBookReview.com

Tried JD Single Barrel for the first time tonight

Never had a whiskey that goes down THIS smooth.

I like the taste of Makers SLIGHTLY better but JD Single Barrel is smoother without a doubt.

A very drinkable whiskey that doesn't have harsh in it's dictionary.

Great recommendation, Matty

Drank some firewater at Matty's tonight.

The other night he gave me some shit that tasted like bananas. It was... bananas.

:boxcleanersdaddy:

Drank some firewater at Matty's tonight.

The other night he gave me some shit that tasted like bananas. It was... bananas.

:boxcleanersdaddy:

Be honest, how many times did you say this is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.?

Banana shit was JD Single Barrel guey. Depending on what you ate/drank before it either has a banana or licorice aftertaste. Glad that everyone is enjoying it, it *is* a great fokken whiskey.

Fire water was Booker's. It's decent enough. :dunno:

8 JDs and ccokes+ 1 pitcher= right + sexy bartennder = $20 tab

what is this fire water you speak of?

this is fire water

200px-Botelladeaguardienteantioque%C3%B1orechimbahijueputa.jpg

this is what durito should drink

350px-Aguardiente.jpg

Having Lagavulin 16 tonight. It's apparently a classic Islay scotch - very dry and it has a strong peat aroma and smokey flavor. Insanely long finish. We're quickly growing fond of it and we wonder if anyone here has other suggestions for peaty scotches.

:bringit:

I'm drinking some Grant's right now. Something cheap to warm me up for trick and treating. Will be a long night with a dozen screaming kids.