Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 120,348 Views
We got our sights set on this for the weekend at the cottage... Borco PennyPacker?

68000389.jpg

Never heard of it before. LCBO just imported a batch.

GAMBOL

Matty, what makes Wild Turkey 101 better than 80? (aside from being stronger) Never knew they had 80. Used to do shooters of 101 while driving around in high school.

wild%20turkey%2080.jpg
Wild_Turkey_101_Bourbon-400.jpg

Never mind the proof - the 80 and 101 are completely different products. The 80 is probably aged the minimum legal amount of time. It is very light in color and it tastes extremely young - nothing but sweet corn in your mouth. It is nasty even when mixed with Coke.

Damn shame I can't get 101 here cause it's excellent. It would most likely be my main pour, assuming it was priced the same way it is in the States (shit is cheap).

any swimming at the cottage?

I need a laid back few days at somewhere away from people

Georgian Bay was pretty cold last month in the middle of a heat wave, but yes, we are bringing our swimming trunks in case it's manageable.

Fiveteamer is bringing his fishing rod.

GAMBOL

OH I love fishing!!!!

catch a biggun fivey!!!!

wild%20turkey%2080.jpg
Wild_Turkey_101_Bourbon-400.jpg

Never mind the proof - the 80 and 101 are completely different products. The 80 is probably aged the minimum legal amount of time. It is very light in color and it tastes extremely young - nothing but sweet corn in your mouth. It is nasty even when mixed with Coke.

Damn shame I can't get 101 here cause it's excellent. It would most likely be my main pour, assuming it was priced the same way it is in the States (shit is cheap).

why cant you get 101 there?

Just picked up two bottles of Bulleit for my own private Hurricane party.

Just picked up two bottles of Bulleit for my own private Hurricane party.

Are you in a low lying area that is susceptible to flooding Jello? Was thinking about you and Mr. Monkey when I saw the track. Be safe kid.

:dunno: The LCBO is a govt-owned monopoly and they just don't import the 101 for whatever reason.

:dunno: The LCBO is a govt-owned monopoly and they just don't import the 101 for whatever reason.

Matty, have you still been receiving promotional items from Maker's Mark?

I got 46 stickers from Makers.

I'm not putting stickers on napkins at bars.

Common.

Jello, excellent choice considering you're most likely going to die this weekend.

Go out with the good stuff buddy

We just found a new bottling at a liquor store we don't normally patronize. Four Roses Small Batch. Initial tasting impressions are very very favorable. Oh my.

four%20roses%20small%20batch.jpg

some sort of fruity vodka, she's mixing up with juices....

I'm in touch with my vagina tonight!!!!!!

:wallay:

We just found a new bottling at a liquor store we don't normally patronize. Four Roses Small Batch. Initial tasting impressions are very very favorable. Oh my.

interesting blend, guessing this is their 'regular'??? will keep an eye out to try.

It all tastes the same. Like boozy fire.

interesting blend, guessing this is their 'regular'??? will keep an eye out to try.

Nah, their regular is in a regular shape bottle, t'was 10 bucks cheaper too, priced like JD and Beam White. Will have to try it next.

four_roses_bourbon.jpg

It all tastes the same. Like boozy fire.

:biglaugh:

We would love to have a small glass but we feel like were going to throw up (and we haven't had any alcohol)

Unreal.

:dunno: