Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 119,283 Views
Four Roses Small Batch is a fruity and spicy kinda thing. I'd call it a medium-bodied bourbon, whereas most of my top choices are heavier. This is kind of a mild and delicate pour, very satisfying though. Nice sipping whiskey. We'll insert it at #10. :clap:

Matty's Ranking of Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys

Crack-like
1. Maker's Mark/Maker's 46
2. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
3. Buffalo Trace
4. Bulleit
5. Eagle Rare Single Barrel
6. Fighting Cock

Excellent
7. Wild Turkey 101
8. Woodford Reserve Something or Other
9. Knob Creek
10. Four Roses Small Batch
11. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve
12. Elijah Craig 12 Years

Good

13. Corner Creek
14. Jim Beam Black
15. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
16. Gentleman Jack
17. Jefferson's
18. Jim Beam White

Bad
19. Wild Turkey 80

I'd like to sample a bit of Fighting Cock, Knob Creek, and Jim Beam Black

I like me some black cock knob

some homo

We just found a new bottling at a liquor store we don't normally patronize. Four Roses Small Batch. Initial tasting impressions are very very favorable. Oh my.

four%20roses%20small%20batch.jpg

Saw this in the liquor store on a bourbon run today. Bought it on your recommendation Matty.

Will be cracking it in about 5 minutes before heading out to an industry wine tasting and then dinner.

Will be putting a serious dent into it when I get home.

gl Jello

I wanna get the regular Four Roses tonight. It's priced the same as el cheapo Jim Beam White and it's supposed to rock.

O wow. This shit is fantastic.

I was afraid to get the cheap stuff. If it's anything like the difference between Jim Beam white and Booker's (Jim Beam high end) then I don't want anything to do with it. I don't like Jim Bream regular.

I'm a bourbon snob (and beer, and wine, and food).

Holy shit Matty this stuff is spectacular. So smooth.

It is indeed very smooth. I usually like my bourbon stronger but this is neat stuff. Balanced and shit, almost like a scotch.

Yeah, I've been drinking nothing but Bulleit and occasionally Eagle Rare lately when I buy bourbon... Maker's at a restaurant. This is notably lighter and smoother.

I still like that heavy syrupy style of Bulleit and ER, but I could get used to this light and easy drinking stuff too.

Ok I'm home. And into the bourbon,

Also finishing my roommates veal chop she brought home from dinner.

Tomahawk chop, stuffed with spinach. Paprika soaked pommes frttes on the side.

I'm eatin it like a caveman would, by the bone. Omg this is good.

Look, here at GL it is customary to fall in love with your female roommate. I don't make the rules around here, I just enforce them.

Now go get in love with her.

Look, here at GL it is customary to fall in love with your female roommate. I don't make the rules around here, I just enforce them.

Now go get in love with her.

very nice

Matty, should have listened to me awhile back. post #16 in this thread to be exact.

Good job guey. :clap:

I just bought the regular Four Roses and I think I prefer it to the Small Batch. It is the smoothest, most subdued bourbon I've ever tasted. Very sweet. I taste honey and orange. It has nothing to do with the Small Batch.

I'll rank that shit once I've had a couple more. :cheers: