AI Generated Art For Every Lyric

• Start date
  • Replies 54 Comments
  • Views 1,671 Views
that freaking Reagan was a secret commie @MrMonkey

F7mYsnP.jpg

Let Q* lead the machines to work for us and give all humans a universal basic income.

Google introduced Gemini yesterday.

It seems like Gemini doesn't have a cutoff date like ChatGPT, ChatGPT is oblivious to newer info after it's cutoff date but Gemini knows about stuff that happened this week. Impressive. Bard is now powered by Gemini Pro.

Google introduced Gemini yesterday.

It seems like Gemini doesn't have a cutoff date like ChatGPT, ChatGPT is oblivious to newer info after it's cutoff date but Gemini knows about stuff that happened this week. Impressive. Bard is now powered by Gemini Pro.
I hope this delivers. I used to use ChatGPT quite a bit but it has gotten a lot dumber and makes tons of stupid mistakes.

I hope this delivers. I used to use ChatGPT quite a bit but it has gotten a lot dumber and makes tons of stupid mistakes.
Have you tried the paid version GPT 3.5 or GPT 4?

Unreal.

Is that how every POS movie is going to be made on Netflix now?

I know it's complicated... but I think all things considered I'm on the side of fuck content creators/creatives.

I know it's complicated... but I think all things considered I'm on the side of fuck content creators/creatives.
Yeah, it's a tricky topic. Obviously I'm hoping against hope that things like writing don't become obsolete, because I make my living writing. Once my writing is indiscernible from AI (almost certainly coming in the next 2-3 years), there will be no reason for anyone to pay me anymore.

But in general, technology has replaced jobs throughout human history. The industrial revolution killed so many production line jobs. How is this any different? The idea that we should stunt technology to protect artists doesn't really make sense. Technology advancing to the point that it makes groups of people's jobs obsolete sucks, but it's the natural progression of things.

What really sucks though is that it only benefits the powerful and the rich (also true throughout human history). Ideally, AI being able to do 90% of all the work could generate enough $ to support a universal basic income structure (after all, people still need $ to pump back into the economy, and they won't have it if their jobs are replaced). But that sort of thing would never pass, which eventually means thousands out of jobs and only a select few getting hyper rich off of it.

Saw a funny commentary on it a few weeks ago, where somebody was saying: weren't computers/AI/robots supposed to take all of the menial positions and leave mankind free to be creative and focus on the arts? Instead, we're trending towards AI taking all the creative jobs and humans being left with the grunt work.

Why is it that a job taken by technology creates a ward in the person whose job is taken? Why can't that person do something else to contribute economically?

Doesn't technology actually allow humanity to do more, even if most of the growth accrues wealth at the top isnt increasesing the economic pie a good thing?

I'm not opposed to some universal basic income as a part of ensuring a safety net. And im not trying to delude anyone with "trickle down." But god forbid the graphic artist should strap on an apron and wait some fucking tables?

This is not an argument with you @Vegas Dave. I'm 96% there with you, just 4% different at the margins. And fwiw, my job ain't very safe either... I essentially sort through and summarize large volumes of documents in the context of a litigation. I'm probably already irrelevant.