2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

• Start date
  • Replies 221 Comments
  • Views 10,793 Views
why isnt there simultaneous multi event coverage?

None on NBCSN? There was speed skating on earlier.

NBC will show all 10 versions of figure skating, some US hockey, some human interest stories, and little else.

The opening ceremonies showing the 1000 years of Russian history was pretty sweet.

I was actually pretty impressed by the women's hockey game. very watchable play and free from hype coverage. Although the idiot Pierre and Doc announcers should have stayed in North America.

The Prime Time main nbc coverage is gonna be the most unwatchable, whatever is on the other channels should be ok.

Watching the sexy broad skaters right now.

The Canadian broad is hawt!

Kaetlyn Osmond

I enjoyed the history show. My gf got bored.

Pissed that I forgot to record the snowboard slope style at 345am..

I enjoyed the history show. My gf got bored.

Pissed that I forgot to record the snowboard slope style at 345am..

I saw it live.

USA - gold

Canada - bronze

I was actually pretty impressed by the women's hockey game. very watchable play and free from hype coverage. Although the idiot Pierre and Doc announcers should have stayed in North America.

The Prime Time main nbc coverage is gonna be the most unwatchable, whatever is on the other channels should be ok.

You and I may be the only two who hate Doc Emreck and Pierre McGuire. I can't listen to them at all.

I dunno if I can handle two weeks of these announcer cliche's... everything they say sounds like one big one.

Pierre Mcguire is a fokking tool. They try to feed him to me semi-regularly on morning radio. Empty babble expressed as verbal diarrhea sprinkled with condescension.

I would kill him if it was legal.

I still don't get the hate for Maguire. He's just some sports guy who says unremarkable sports stuff like all the other sports-talking guys.

No Olympic spirit in me at all so far. I finally sat down to watch some over lunch and I couldn't switch away fast enough.

It was a moguls race and I watched a skier finish her run and I'm like, "Ugh. Boring." Then another skier was getting ready to start and I was thinking, "I hope she's not Canadian," so I wouldn't feel obliged to watch. But she was Canadian. Then there was another Canadian.

Finally a Japanese was up so I felt okay switching away.

Just heard on the radio we won gold and silver in the event. That's nice - I like that - but I sure can't work up much interest in a lot of the events. Don't know if that will change or not. Usually I get sucked in at some point but I am a million miles away right now. Just tell me what medals we won.

I mean I have the usual 4 major concerns; the question is will the other stuff will jump up and grab me. I need, in order of importance:

Mens hockey
Mens curling
Womens curling
Womens hockey

3 gold and one silver in Vancouver. That was good. The women curlers absolutely coughed up their gold medal game but whatre ya gonna do? Anyway, Im hoping we can somehow get similar results away from home this time around.

With the womens hockey, I will only watch the gold medal game. I appreciate the sure medal in womens hockey but really dont find it to be much of an event.

But it's hockey and I'm Canadian so I want it.

I just watched a bit of slopestyle snowboard and I regret not paying more attention - shit is pretty spectacular:

The highlight of cross country ski races is the group collapse just after they cross the finish line.

Love me some speed skating. Go Canada.

75934_812965332063460_1888668298_n.jpg