WTH is going on in World of College Sports?

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 4,691 Views
big sixteen: michigan, iowa, michigan state, indiana, illinois, nebraska, northwestern, minnesota, wisconsin, ohio state, penn state, purdue, west virginia, notre dame, kansas, missouri

West Virginia will NEVER get an invite from the Big Ten.

Senco beat me to it. And here is a billboard purchased by some Aggie fans for their not so big 12 frenemies

texas-am-aggies-sec.jpg

this is in Waco near Baylor's stadium

Senco beat me to it. And here is a billboard purchased by some Aggie fans for their not so big 12 frenemies

texas-am-aggies-sec.jpg

this is in Waco near Baylor's stadium

:lol:

They have agreed "OK, if we're going to expand, you're our team".

They have not been invited. If they wanted to, there's still chance to join the other 3 in the Pac-16.

No, Tater Tots, Texas A&M sent the SEC a letter saying "Can we come play wif you?" The SEC prezes all voted 12-0 for them to come in. Now it gets all hinky in that the Not so Big 12 Commish sent SEC Commish Mike Slive a letter saying that it was ok, that no member would oppose. And then Baylor had to whine like a little bitch and threaten to sue. Here is a copy of the letter from Beebee to Slive.

Beebee
September 2, 2011

Mike Slive

Commissioner

Southeastern Conference

2201 Richard Arrington Boulevard North

Birmingham, AL 35203

Dear Mike:

This is to confirm our discussion yesterday during which I informed you that the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors unanimously authorized me to convey to you and their colleagues in the Southeastern Conference that the Big 12 and its members will not take any legal action for any possible claims against the SEC or its members relating to the departure of Texas A&M University from the Big 12 and the admission of Texas A&M into the SEC; provided, however, that such act by the SEC to admit Texas A&M is publicly confirmed by 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on

September 8, 2011.

Such admission of Texas A&M will result in the withdrawal of Texas A&M from the Big 12 Conference effective June 30, 2012. We both agreed it is in the best interests of each of our conferences and our member institutions of higher education to waive any and all legal actions by either conference and its members resulting from admission of Texas A&M into the SEC, as long as such admission is confirmed publicly by September 8, 2011.

If any of your presidents and chancellors have concerns about this commitment of the Big 12 Conference, they may contact me or Brady Deaton, Big 12 Board of Director chairman and chancellor of the University of Missouri, Columbia.

Sincerely,

Dan Beebe

Commissioner

DB:me

the SEC approved on Sept 6th.

They haven't been admitted to the conference.

Until that happens, they're not in the SEC.

good research gamelive

I wouldn't be surprised to see Oklahoma and Texas join the Big Ten. That seems so much more natural for those teams than joining the PAC-whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Oklahoma and Texas join the Big Ten. That seems so much more natural for those teams than joining the PAC-whatever.

Big 10 isn't letting Texas in with the Longhorn TV deal. The ND-NBC deal has always been a major sticking point.

West Virginia will NEVER get an invite from the Big Ten.

so i got 63 out of 64 right.

texas' network is behind the breakup of the big 12 and will stand in the way of them getting into any conference. gluttony, thy color is burnt orange.

mrm

college presidents in the pac 12 are against the texas/ok/okst/tt add

we will see

they were against adding utah and colorado as well

Good call on this Kato! TG! :up:

pac-16: arizona, arizona state, california, stanford, oregon, oregon state, ucla, usc, utah, colorado, washington, washington state, boise state, san diego state, oklahoma, texas

acc: boston college, florida state, clemson, north carolina, north carolina state, georgia tech, duke, wake forest, maryland, miami, virginia, virginia tech, connecticut, pittsburgh, syracuse, memphis

big sixteen: michigan, iowa, michigan state, indiana, illinois, nebraska, northwestern, minnesota, wisconsin, ohio state, penn state, purdue, west virginia, notre dame, kansas, missouri

sec: alabama, florida, tennessee, mississippi, lsu, mississippi state, south carolina, vanderbilt, kentucky, georgia, auburn, arkansas, texas a&m, oklahoma state, tcu, louisville

Nice! If this happens after all the change then I could live with it since then maybe we could finally come up with a playoff system to crown an undisputed champion! :up:

so i got 63 out of 64 right.

texas' network is behind the breakup of the big 12 and will stand in the way of them getting into any conference. gluttony, thy color is burnt orange.

Texas likes everything BIG! I gotta make it to Texas before I die and devour the biggest steak that my body can handle!