WTH is going on in World of College Sports?

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 4,683 Views

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Unreal this conference realigment thing! OK maybe Utah gets with the big boys deservingly and Colorado gets geograhically better situated! Then Nebraska goes to a better match of smash mouth type FB with the Big Ten! But still no way should happen!

But when Texas A&M going to the SEC (IMO no legit reason) all bets off! Cuse and Pitt going to ACC just towardly caught me off guard! Okla, Texas, and couple more to PAC 10! For what, yes, I know, show me the MONEY!

Jim Boeheim has the clout to do it without losing his job but at least he's saying it! :clap::clap::clap:

[video]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/09/syracuse-jim-boehiem-expansion-big-east-acc/1[/video]

The Pres from either Pitt or Cuse I read where he took Boston College to court years back for jumping to the ACC and now look in the mirror please, SIR!

What an example these college presidents* are for the students (both athletic and non) to be upstanding and moral in their years after graduation! And the poor kids that get hunged to the wall for getting a free $100 meal or nice shoes on their feet when they went around barefoot for the first 10 years of their life! Unreal!

*:fu:

football rules

fok you basketball

just gonna be so weird

Unreal this conference realigment thing! OK maybe Utah gets with the big boys deservingly and Colorado gets geograhically better situated! Then Nebraska goes to a better match of smash mouth type FB with the Big Ten! But still no way should happen!

But when Texas A&M going to the SEC (IMO no legit reason) all bets off! Cuse and Pitt going to ACC just towardly caught me off guard! Okla, Texas, and couple more to PAC 10! For what, yes, I know, show me the MONEY!

Jim Boeheim has the clout to do it without losing his job but at least he's saying it! :clap::clap::clap:

[video]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/09/syracuse-jim-boehiem-expansion-big-east-acc/1[/video]

The Pres from either Pitt or Cuse I read where he took Boston College to court years back for jumping to the ACC and now look in the mirror please, SIR!

What an example these college presidents* are for the students (both athletic and non) to be upstanding and moral in their years after graduation! And the poor kids that get hunged to the wall for getting a free $100 meal or nice shoes on their feet when they went around barefoot for the first 10 years of their life! Unreal!

*:fu:

yessir to bold

mrm

college presidents in the pac 12 are against the texas/ok/okst/tt add

we will see

they were against adding utah and colorado as well

football rules

fok you basketball

just gonna be so weird

So true but I'm not good with change! The ACC tourny in MSG! :sad:

Rednecks running amock in NYC could be entertaining though! :wallay:

"The south shall rise again" ain't no joke! :yes:

mrm

college presidents in the pac 12 are against the texas/ok/okst/tt add

we will see

they were against adding utah and colorado as well

Lip service IMO! We shall see!

nah i'm sure we will see Pitt and Cuse in the ACC tourney in the triangle or down south for a year or two at least....

that is what makes it especially weird for me as a Pitt fan...... MSG is a home away from home for Pitt the last decade and they have a pipeline of talent coming in from the Ny area...

not sure what will happen now.

I think Pitt/cuse will suffer in conference play for a few years as the big east is so physical and the refs let stuff go down low...... I think the acc refs will whistle that stuff alot more

looking forward to Duke vs Pitt 2-3 times a year though

still....

weird

Anyone watch South Park? This shit is pure gold:

I feel like cartman could portray a very very good Wally

:wallay::wallay:

College sports sucks, all college presidents are hypocrites. Follow the money.

beginning of the super conferences

SEC will pick up West Virginia

Boise should move to the Pac 12-16

They are reporting here that WV was declined by SEC and ACC... could be a bogus story.

I think all new schools accepted to a new conference should have to go through a frat like Hazing

I'd like to see the syracuse orange paddled...

yes sir

aTm should take Tech's place and follow the other 3 to the Pac-16.

Not sure the Big Ten / SEC have any interest in expanding beyond 12 at the moment.

dan patrick made a good comment -- i thought it was good anyway -- about this on the show i listened to monday (sept. 19). he is predicting four 'super conferences' with 16 teams each will eventually form and they will then leave the ncaa. it makes pretty good sense, and seems likely to me. patrick's premise begins simply with the ncaa is powerless to do anything about this conference realignment. the ncaa simply hasn't taken charge of its own product in so many ways and lives to just invoke a few rules on a few select teams at select times, yadda-yadda-yadda.

if it happened under patrick's scenario, there would be a very short and simple playoff system with conference championships serving as the play-in round for the football version of the 'final 4.' and the conferences would pretty much align into four regionals with the east (acc), southeast (sec), midwest (big ten) and west (pac-12). just going by talk currently, it's easy to imagine:

pac-16: arizona, arizona state, california, stanford, oregon, oregon state, ucla, usc, utah, colorado, washington, washington state, boise state, san diego state, oklahoma, texas

acc: boston college, florida state, clemson, north carolina, north carolina state, georgia tech, duke, wake forest, maryland, miami, virginia, virginia tech, connecticut, pittsburgh, syracuse, memphis

big sixteen: michigan, iowa, michigan state, indiana, illinois, nebraska, northwestern, minnesota, wisconsin, ohio state, penn state, purdue, west virginia, notre dame, kansas, missouri

sec: alabama, florida, tennessee, mississippi, lsu, mississippi state, south carolina, vanderbilt, kentucky, georgia, auburn, arkansas, texas a&m, oklahoma state, tcu, louisville

Potato needs to get out of the garden more often. Texas A&M has already joined the SEC a couple of weeks ago. The SEC voted them in.