• Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,801 Views

Acid Joe

Stoned Member
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
What is this crap..... 400 + posts...... know wonder RBS is worried...... even if i did post over there in this time frame I never made that many posts...... go gay me live .com.......

What's funny is there are 25 people that have more posts than you here. :grin:

It's cause you don't have to wait 10 minutes between posts. Soooooper fast!

It's cause you don't have to wait 10 minutes between posts. Soooooper fast!

I have to wait now till it gets "approved" even in the Private zone...... apparently 10 minutes every post was power posting now I'm on post review.... LOL

Not even sure why you all bother posting there. I have zero patience for any of that.

I know what you mean. I'm pushing 60 posts. That would normally take years for me.

LOL mr x I for one am glad your posting more...... we need more roller derby, less pesto and more beer :)

Not even sure why you all bother posting there. I have zero patience for any of that.

I've finally reached that point myself. (*gasp*) A person could dangle juicy S-faggot-R gossip right in front of me and I doubt I'd even listen. Their industry is going to go all topsy-turvy once Barney Frank legalizes internet gambling by getting HR2267 through Congress. The sweetest revenge will be how Gaymelive positions itself to beat S-faggot-R to the new market sector. When Bill Dozer is handing us towels in the men's room, we will have made it.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...rank-s-poker-bill-will-face-mark-up-in-spring

Scholar, do you suppose that place moved everything to Costa Rica in hopes of becoming a book? I haven't really followed any of the gossip, but I figured you would have an opinion.

I keep finding inventive ways to get out of my sbr signup contracts with books. It's amazing how willing these guys are to collect all my losses instead of giving them away to old balls john.

You should ask Juror to create a secret forum where you can share.

Scholar, do you suppose that place moved everything to Costa Rica in hopes of becoming a book? I haven't really followed any of the gossip, but I figured you would have an opinion.

I honestly doubt it, I think the move was more about economics than anything. Their Texas office was always superfluous, nobody who worked there worked collaboratively, hell most of the time they wouldn't even speak to each other. Bill Dozer feels much more at ease with the written word, so he encouraged all his underlings to speak with him via Windows Live Messenger rather than step into his office to talk face-to-face. Chances are with John hungry for more profits, he finally realized he should have all those people working from home, and probably used that as an excuse to pay them less. John is looking to break into the millionaires club still, and I think he realizes that running a book would entail a ton of overhead, more than he wants to manage or trusts Dozer to.

If they really wanted to be a book then they would've gone that direction a long time ago; the entire premise of the company has always been to ride the coattails of the successful books already operating offshore. They've had Elihu on the payroll for a couple years, if they were gonna start booking action, that would've been his focus with the company. Since he's still writing the Great American Tout Story, I'm guessing they're just cutting some dead weight by pulling out of Texas.

Just my .02.

I know that much of what you say about SBR is speculation based on intuition, but if what you say is true about the chance of online gambling becoming legal again in the States, would this ruin a company like SBR?

I know that much of what you say about SBR is speculation based on intuition, but if what you say is true about the chance of online gambling becoming legal again in the States, would this ruin a company like SBR?

I doubt it.

People will still play offshore.

Nah, it wouldn't ruin them but it would open up a whole new sector of the market upon which they have no special hold. They'd have to fight for sign-ups down in the trenches just like when they opened, and this time they wouldn't be able to hide behind player advocacy as a pretense. I daresay they'd be front-runners along with Covers to have some of the largest affiliate sheets among the new companies which would open to book action domestically, but the American tax structure gives them far less incentive to operate here. Most of the squares they want to sign-up are going to sign up with a book through links on ESPN.com and NFL.com while only savvy bettors continue to want to bet offshore. Those savvy bettors won't give them nearly the return they're used to, and S-faggot-R will slowly downsize itself into a two-man website again.

Like you say, that's mostly conjecture built around little morsels of info dropped by people who work there in casual conversation. These are just my best guesses, but I've been in business long enough to recognize the hallmarks of businesses that operate from a position of strength as opposed to one of convenience. S-faggot-R has always struck me as purely an enterprise of opportunity, they can harvest the cash but they could never grow it themselves.