Would Toronto ship the Raptors to Boise tonight IF it meant the Leafs would be in the Finals next year?

• Start date
  • Replies 8 Comments
  • Views 713 Views

Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
First thought: Yes of course. It’s a hockey town/country.

Second thought: Maybe not. There are a lot of middle eastern brown brown ethnic type folk in Canada that don’t give a shit about hockey.

They ship the raptors the blue jays the marlins and whatever that mls team name is to boise

No way. This town is goofy for the Raptors. People are loving them and it's great.

People also believe the Leafs can earn it the normal way so let's just do that.

Still plenty of hardcore hockey fans but Leafs haven't given them much to get excited about! My guess with the large Asian contingent there, the city will keep buzzing Raptors! They love their b-ball!

yao_ming_art_400_20080617010458.jpg

Basketball is gaining on hockey in popularity in this country. It's not just because of the hoopla over the current NBA final - the gap has been slowly closing for 20 years.

I doubt it will catch up in my lifetime but you just have to look at the increase in Canadians being drafted into the NBA to see it. A snowball effect is happening and these Raptors will only increase it.

It's not just about ethnic groups. There are a bunch of mid-20's white guise I work with who care about the Raptors way more the Leafs. Plenny white kids at Jurassic Park.

The times they are a-changin'.

Do you pricks have an Olympic team?

The cost of kids playing hockey has to be a factor in the future of hockey fans