World Series of Poker Hypeeeeeee

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 7,877 Views
LOL Matty I did shout you out! Did you never see it? Maybe happened during that internet snafu gg gg. Shouted out all of GL.com after you came in too that'll be pretty sick if all that was lost I'll check the replay now.

Also didn't get to shout out Roguey as I was too busy bluffing off my stack when he followed.

Thank ya'll for coming in. Tonight was a short one, blinds go up every 8 minutes its very fast fast fast you have to get the chips in. Next five are all standard 15 min blinds, will be lots more time to bullshit and talk poker.

EDIT:
Yeah Matty 01:27:10 you got the best shoutout of them all you big baby :D

I come running, registered, grab a beer, pop it open, and davey goes all in, I didn't even got to sip on it

Glad I don't believe in jinxes as your intro and my outro were virtually simultaneous :crying:

Yeah Matty 01:27:10 you got the best shoutout of them all you big baby :D

here's your shout out matty https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687702377

twitch embed not working because they changed their embedding code as of last month, have to figure it out

here's your shout out matty https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687702377

twitch embed not working because they changed their embedding code as of last month, have to figure it out

Yay! :cool2:

Good job describing this place to a bunch of strangers, you nailed it #98%insideshitposting

The cool thing watching this is realizing what I thought were good hole cards are trash. VD folded pairs. Since he knows a hell of a lot more than me, I have been trying to get a feel on what he considers good hole cards.

After roughly 5 hours of watching him play, I can say I still have no clue....but I think I’m slowly picking things up

Yay! :cool2:

Good job describing this place to a bunch of strangers, you nailed it #98%insideshitposting

And we wouldn't have it any other way haha.

who is emily c?

That's my brother's wife! She didn't know a thing about poker a couple weeks ago and is now addicted to my and Jeffs poker streams haha.

The cool thing watching this is realizing what I thought were good hole cards are trash. VD folded pairs. Since he knows a hell of a lot more than me, I have been trying to get a feel on what he considers good hole cards.

After roughly 5 hours of watching him play, I can say I still have no clue....but I think I’m slowly picking things up

Yeah, the next five will be a lot more instructional I think... today was turbo (so fast you don't get to play much), yesterday was that ugly trap spot we couldn't get away from, Monday was PLO. Should be more time to chill and talk about spots rest of week.

Poker is super situational! Take position at the table for example. If you are "under the gun" (first to act) you have 8 players behind you. So with a hand like A7 offsuit, you should fold... too likely someone behind you has a better ace and can call or raise.

But on the other hand say you are on the button (3rd to last with only small blind and big blind left) and 6 players fold, we now have a crystal clear raise with A7 as its far less likely one of these two has better than an Ace.

And the button is last to act postflop, so you will be able to control the betting action and see what your opponents do. Playing hands closer to the button is far preferable, so we can choose to play more hands when close to it.

Insanely complex and interesting game. But still super luck based, as we've seen me get shitstomped three straight days haha. Still time to turn it around and excited to play gimmick free tourneys next 5

I know I’ve been watching VD a lot this week when I know J4 is his favorite hand.