• Replies 255 Comments
  • Views 20,809 Views

CASPERWAIT$

Twitter @wernerhotdog
Since
Aug 3, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been working out 5 days a week for the last 15 months (sans November and December). Messing around with different lifting regimines and whatnot. One thing Ive learned is cardio is not all that good for you in large doses. See more growth by only doing cardio 18 minutes a day. Used to do up to 48 minutes and became scrawny skinny. Been reading about damage too much cardio can do. Any you guys working out lately?

Good for you Casper! :clap:

Not working out (never really have lol) but enough physical labor at work! Though by late January of 2017 ballooned up to all time high of 185lbs. Slower metabolism combined with eating too much was the culprit!

Said enough is enough of feeling sluggish and MrsM giving me the "God, you look so fat"! Started eating smaller portions, along with healthier foods that I enjoyed, and IMO a BIG FACTOR of not snacking before bed! Looked forward to 2 cups of primo coffee at wakeup! :yes:

Forgot to mention I've been at 160-162 for about 4-5 months now! :up:

Good for you Casper! :clap:

Not working out (never really have lol) but enough physical labor at work! Though by late January of 2017 ballooned up to all time high of 185lbs. Slower metabolism combined with eating too much was the culprit!

Said enough is enough of feeling sluggish and MrsM giving me the "God, you look so fat"! Started eating smaller portions, along with healthier foods that I enjoyed, and IMO a BIG FACTOR of not snacking before bed! Looked forward to 2 cups of primo coffee at wakeup! :yes:

Forgot to mention I've been at 160-162 for about 4-5 months now! :up:

Good job Monkey! Yeah, nighttime (Carb) eating is always a bad thing

Ha this thread good timing.

Back out to 255lb again. At 6'3 can hide it well but doesn't change the fact that feeling sluggish (as Mr Monkey stated) is not cool.

Time to get back into the weights room and it begins tomorrow. Give it 6 weeks and will be back to 245lb but with a heap less fat and lot more muscle

Good work caspy

Ha this thread good timing.

Back out to 255lb again. At 6'3 can hide it well but doesn't change the fact that feeling sluggish (as Mr Monkey stated) is not cool.

Time to get back into the weights room and it begins tomorrow. Give it 6 weeks and will be back to 245lb but with a heap less fat and lot more muscle

Good work caspy

Xpy, you and I are similar size and stature. Before I started working out, I was 264 and 6ft 4. Got as low as 194. Now, Im building muscle and hitting 204. That seems to be my good weight. Good luck w the weight loss pal. Keep us abreast what youre eating and stuff.

Recently moved to the burbs and lost my NYC in building gym. Bought a set of powerblock adjustable dumbells and contemplating a treadmill. The treadmill is more for wife who wants it, I agree with you caspy on the cardio. Lifting heavy and changing diet is the path to either bulking muscle or losing fat... Hopefully I can get a good workout here at home and that will save wife and me $45/mo ea paying for the equipment in about 2-3yrs.

Haven't got the urge to start working out tho, it's cold, we just moved so everything is a mess... once i get going tho i'll prob rock a 4 day split. I'm 5'7" 165 pretty weak and flabby now. I'd like to be 170 muscle so I'll prob cut (lift heavy at a calorie deficit) down to 155 then bulk to desired weight.

Best of luck boys.

funny this is posted, I was just talking with my boss this afternoon about leaving work early like three days a week so I can hit the gym. no work out plan in mind or any idea what type I should be doing or what kind of routine....I'll figure that out once I get in there.
I am mostly focused on my upper under arms, stomach, and thighs/butt. So I guess overall really.
Not looking to lose weight, just want to tone and strengthen.
I walk like two miles to and from work most days...so finding the energy and motivation to hit the gym has been..lacking

any recommendations? I will be using the gym at the hotel so I presume it's a pretty basic gym./

funny this is posted, I was just talking with my boss this afternoon about leaving work early like three days a week so I can hit the gym. no work out plan in mind or any idea what type I should be doing or what kind of routine....I'll figure that out once I get in there.
I am mostly focused on my upper under arms, stomach, and thighs/butt. So I guess overall really.
Not looking to lose weight, just want to tone and strengthen.
I walk like two miles to and from work most days...so finding the energy and motivation to hit the gym has been..lacking

any recommendations? I will be using the gym at the hotel so I presume it's a pretty basic gym./

Most basic gyms have dumbbells and a bench. If it has both of those things, their are a slew of good exercises for toning. I implement 3 dumbbell exercises into my arm and chest day. The important thing is not to spot train but train overall. Obviously dont train the same muscles two days in a row. They actually do their growing during rest.

So what type of sets would I be doing with free weights? I haven't used those before lol
I always just used the machines.

So what type of sets would I be doing with free weights? I haven't used those before lol
I always just used the machines.

Go to bodybuilding.com for videos that show you how to use them w proper form. I personally do dumbbell curls and hammer curls. I recommend 3 sets of 8 repetitions with a minute of rest in between.

That website is great for beginners IMO.

I aim for five days a week, but hit four more often.

I aim for five days a week, but hit four more often.

I would love to aim for four or five, but my schedule has been so hectic lately, 3 is about all I have room for. When it warms up it'll be easier to fit in a couple more days.

teela, how are you?!

I don't usually have time for anything :sparesomecutter:

I'm fat, Cami. Hence the gym. :guitar: How are you?

This month, with all the snow, shoveling has become a workout in itself.

Anyone that likes snow more than the heat is a Communist.

Been Staying Strong on Class Pass and Whole 30 all month