Why the Pirates will be 2012 WS Champs!

• Start date
  • Replies 192 Comments
  • Views 11,983 Views
they've had a tough early sched

gotta hand it to that bullpen

Archie, team batting for awhile was less than what I weigh! Now I look up and see their record!

And by way ITH, if you need to feel more comfortable rooting for a team more like the normal Pirates, become an Astros fan while your in CTexas!

gonna be another heart breaking season

Archie, I'm on this bandwagon! I hate the STEELERS AND PENGUINS but can't take it out on the Pirates! Clint Hurdle manager of the year so far!

Pitt really using up the bullpen.

??? FW, does Hurdle have the rap of burning out his bullpens over the course of a year or you mean just for today's game?

??? FW, does Hurdle have the rap of burning out his bullpens over the course of a year or you mean just for today's game?

The Reds announcers today mentioned that the Pirates BP has pitched 100 more innings than Cincy this year.

Pitt Bullpen has thrown 196 innings
Reds Bullpen has thrown 156.2
NL average is 166

Pirates have gone to their pen ALOT. much of it has been mop up long relief duty.

Grilli is on pace for 71 innings as a closer, while he has had a few years in the 50 and 60+ inning range. I gotta think those 9th inning situations take a much much bigger toll.

Melancon as the light's out set up man is on pace for 85 innings which also could be a problem.

Pirates do have a lot of servicable and bright young relief arms in AAA though

Archie I will be at the game tomorrow at noon. Watch the Braves beat the Pirates live. Who is pitching for Pirates so I can come up with some heckling for him?

enjoy the game

take a broom for the sweep

Wandy Rodriguez is starting for the Pirates

lots you can do with that name

Thanks Archie. On our way stuck in traffic. Will miss a bit. Already craving hot dogs and crackerjacks!

Bottom 4th. Braves up 1-0. Pirates have more errors than hits. Teheran is throwing 80% strikes but Pirates don't make contact.

Saulty, I'm rooting for the Buccos but enjoy yourself! :cheers:

please Lord let this finally be a late August, Sept, October that the Pirates are giving Pixburgh fans joy!

After last night, my support and interest has to move to western PA!

220_f_76.jpg

yes thank you MrMOnkey!!!!!

STarling Marte on the prowl for a cycle early on with a HR and Triple after 2 innings

48-30

uncharted territory for me as an adult