Why does the gambling industry suck so much?

• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 2,853 Views
Yes, but you have to live in Vegas.

Ready for summer? It will be a high of 80 here every single day.

With 90% relative humidity. I'm with F0cker on this one; I hate all heat, but I hate wet, sticky heat the most.

Hear hear. Give me 110F/10% in Vegas over 90F/90% in Montreal. Humidity = misery.

Hear hear. Give me 110F/10% in Vegas over 90F/90% in Montreal. Humidity = misery.

I lived in Singapore for the thick end of 7 years. 32C/90F and 90%+ humidity every single day. Not my idea of pleasant.

With 90% relative humidity. I'm with F0cker on this one; I hate all heat, but I hate wet, sticky heat the most.

There is most definitely never 90% relative humidity here. It's quite pleasant. I hate humidity.

Current Conditions for Jose Maria Cordova Airport, Colombia
FREE Trial: Faster Radar Maps & No Ads - Learn More

86F
Partly Cloudy Feels Like
86F

UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Dew Point: 59F
Humidity: 40%
Visibility: N/A
Pressure: 29.98 inches and falling
Wind: From the North at 5 mph

do banks in Panama have huge wire transfer fees? Wouldn't it be easier to have an offshore account and do one big transfer to an e-wallet like moneybookers and use that to move money around?

durito come on pal you got an answer for this? I am looking into setting up an offshore account, never had one before, but I know that things that you take for granted as free in the US as far as banking is concerned are not at all necessarily free in other countries. Like if you set up an offshore account and move money from the account to an e-wallet, or an e-wallet to an account, will the bank hit you with unexpected huge fees?

If so then doesn't it make sense to just have one huge amount in a reliable place where you can get money back and forth easily from books? Like you could with Neteller in the US back in the day? Is moneybookers best for that?

Durito a little advice here pal this is your area of expertise

You can expect $30-$50 on fees with wires. Depends all on that particular bank, how many intermediaries they choose to use, the size of the wire, etc.

It's not even close to my area of expertise, in fact I know nothing. I am trying to learn at the moment. To this point I run most of my books through a USA address and bank.

As for fees? I don't know, Colombian banks won't even take a neteller transfer for more than $50 without flipping out if they take one at all. I don't believe it is even possible in Panama to transfer to/from neteller.

Neteller/MB aren't gonna let you use a bank, as far as I know, that is not in your official country of residence and they are serious these days on documents for proof of residence.

I am looking into some other things, I'll let you know. Maybe juror can help us.

86F
Partly Cloudy Feels Like
86F

UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Dew Point: 59F
Humidity: 40%
Visibility: N/A
Pressure: 29.98 inches and falling
Wind: From the North at 5 mph

I don't like skin cancer, either. Sorry, but I doubt I'll ever live much closer to the equator than I do now. I need my snowy winters and dormant season for the fruit trees.

Are wallets better than wires? Depends on your investing strategy and your wager size. On a personal level I prefer wires over wallets 9 out 10 times.

It's not even close to my area of expertise, in fact I know nothing. I am trying to learn at the moment. To this point I run most of my books through a USA address and bank.

As for fees? I don't know, Colombian banks won't even take a neteller transfer for more than $50 without flipping out if they take one at all. I don't believe it is even possible in Panama to transfer to/from neteller.

Neteller/MB aren't gonna let you use a bank, as far as I know, that is not in your official country of residence and they are serious these days on documents for proof of residence.

I am looking into some other things, I'll let you know. Maybe juror can help us.

really? i thought the reason you live in colombia is precisely so you can establish legitimate non-US residency and have access to pinny and moneybookers and neteller and whatever other gambling sites you want

is that not true? didn't you move there because if you are a US citizen living abroad all those places will be happy to have you??

really? i thought the reason you live in colombia is precisely so you can establish legitimate non-US residency and have access to pinny and moneybookers and neteller and whatever other gambling sites you want

is that not true? didn't you move there because if you are a US citizen living abroad all those places will be happy to have you??

I had already left the USA (though hadn't settled here) when pinny/neteller left the usa. I also knew nothing comparatively about gambling as I do now.

Colombia's probably one of the worst places to try and do that. The banks suck. I live here because I like it. I will get this all sorted out though.

Are wallets better than wires? Depends on your investing strategy and your wager size. On a personal level I prefer wires over wallets 9 out 10 times.

Almost all of my deposits are wires. But that's from US banks.

Where should I bank outside the usa? I was planning on panama.

Almost all of my deposits are wires. But that's from US banks.

Where should I bank outside the usa? I was planning on panama.

Panama as of now is your best bet. Tax evasion heaven.

The IRS certainly can get Panamanian bank info if it wants it .

Durito, not sure what you ancestral background is, but I am a US resident, grandfather was born in Ireland. I was able to get Irish citizenship and an Irish passport because of this. Most European nations offer dual citizenship options. The dual citizenship option my be a way to get a European bank account without moving from Colombia.

Euro bank accounts aren't hard to open.

But, they want residency documents to use neteller/mb etc.