Who wants a $50 free play?

• Start date
  • Replies 65 Comments
  • Views 4,150 Views
Of course they apply. We throw the mentally handicapped in prison, we can certainly apply punitive measures to a mentally handicapped poster.

we will need to agree to disagree. shanty is on a higher plane of rational.

we will need to agree to disagree. shanty is on a higher plane of rational.

I wish somebody had told me that before my trial a few years ago. I would've taken the stand and started talking like a retard about baseborn swine and taunting Pavy with my iron and I could've been celebrated as a hero and given charity.

i do too...

i wish gamelive was more like the real world...

i am truly sorry you had to go to trial, i do not know the details of what happened.

Oh, for those of you that don't know, I was convicted of Felony DUI causing injury to an innocent (my fiance was riding shotgun and got her nose broken and lacerated from the broken windshield) back in November of 2006, served 13 weeks of a 7 month sentence. Once my parole restrictions are lifted (I was banned from all establishments that serve alcohol but not food for five years consecutive with the jail time), I hope to get back to some semblance of a career in live music. In the meantime, I thank God that California has no problem with ex-felons working in the medical marijuana industry (ironic, no?).

So I'm sorry if I get bitter when people try to give Shanty special treatment for being a fool, but I was a first-hand witness to that sort of special treatment in the California criminal justice system. It's routine for idiots around here to get second, third and sometimes fifth chances with similar transgressions, but the first time I get arrested for anything serious I got my ass handed to me. I find that sort of logic appaling and completely opposed to public policy, yet it persists anyway. Shanty's stealing from people and you guys are here cheering it on. What does that say about you?

RS, I don't know why anybody would loan out points to Shanty or anybody else if they find getting stiffed upsetting. These are points after all, sbr John's great gift to man, you'll excuse me as I laugh my ass off.

Oh, for those of you that don't know, I was convicted of Felony DUI causing injury to an innocent (my fiance was riding shotgun and got her nose broken and lacerated from the broken windshield) back in November of 2006, served 13 weeks of a 7 month sentence. Once my parole restrictions are lifted (I was banned from all establishments that serve alcohol but not food for five years consecutive with the jail time), I hope to get back to some semblance of a career in live music. In the meantime, I thank God that California has no problem with ex-felons working in the medical marijuana industry (ironic, no?).

So I'm sorry if I get bitter when people try to give Shanty special treatment for being a fool, but I was a first-hand witness to that sort of special treatment in the California criminal justice system. It's routine for idiots around here to get second, third and sometimes fifth chances with similar transgressions, but the first time I get arrested for anything serious I got my ass handed to me. I find that sort of logic appaling and completely opposed to public policy, yet it persists anyway. Shanty's stealing from people and you guys are here cheering it on. What does that say about you?

sharp post

I will do a random number generator of all those who are interested.

It appears we have 3 entrants so far.

I would rather they go to someone besides me.

RS, I don't know why anybody would loan out points to Shanty or anybody else if they find getting stiffed upsetting. These are points after all, sbr John's great gift to man, you'll excuse me as I laugh my ass off.

That's fine, Reno, we all have different standards of conduct by which we judge others and mine is no more correct than anyone else's. I do dispise hypocrisy in the worst way, and I sense a whole mess of it here. If Shanty borrowed cash from someone on Gaymelive and then unapologetically made no attempt to make good on his debt, I would hope that there would be an uproar of some sort on behalf of the person who got stiffed. The same principle is in play here, and because you equate no value to that which was borrowed, you're just laughing it off.

I would submit that a person who can't be trusted with a penny, can't be trusted with a C-note. Since I have absolutely no use for people whose word is worth nothing, I'd rather he find no welcome here. Now of course I'm in the minority, but until I get banned I don't intend to make Shanty feel welcome in my presence. Nor do I intend to look the other way for his apologists, most of whom I've seen throw tantrums at other stiffs. I've been in Bread's virtual presence when he's lambasted Richkas for stiffing TSop and then again on Archie for stiffing TSop. But now that Shanty has stiffed Daft and other points lenders, I see the standard being lowered especially for him, and I'm reviled by it.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this shit after all.

Herman, buy some pizzas, and then drop them off at the local homeless shelter or some after school program.

Herman, buy some pizzas, and then drop them off at the local homeless shelter or some after school program.

I like that idea.

Scholar....I love Shanty and Richkas and Archie.

I love Tsop and Daft too.

But I love you the mostest :kiss2:

I love you too, Bread. I wasn't trying to make you out to sound like the bad guy, I just wanted people to understand why it pisses me off when people look the other way for Shanty.

I totally get it.

But I can't change the fact that I'm drawn to him like a moth to light.

It's a sick attraction and I love Daft a lot and can't wait to meet him....but hell....I can't quit Shanty! I just can't! I'm an idiot! Just look at me!

I love you too, Bread. I wasn't trying to make you out to sound like the bad guy, I just wanted people to understand why it pisses me off when people look the other way for Shanty.

I would also look the other way if you ever stiffed a poster, sweetie pie.

I dunno if you see what I did there.

gimmie the points.
I need to feed my kids and get some pampers

mmike032 is the front runner - please don't let his kids go without.

look i almost paid thelock only one lloan is left that is paid 16%.